New rev manual and Series Catalog on Yaesu.com

Lou W7HV

Nothing earth shattering.  There's a new PDF manual that corrects page # references, corrects the contest keyer serial number range from 999 to 9999, and on page 93 changes AM to DATA on REAR SELECT description. There are also a couple of wording changes here and there but nothing substantive.  The new manual is 2102P-JS

The new 24 page color Series Catalog eliminates reference to the Quadra amp, MD-200 mic, MD-100A8X mic, and adds the M-70 mic as options. There are also changes in the illustrations and some descriptions for the LAN unit and software on those two pages. The new catalog is rev 2021.0100YM

Franco

Edited

HI Lou, thanks info.

>>The new catalog is rev 2021.0100YM

Is there also the new FirmWare on the way???

I have requested details a few days ago, but the answers at the present time are disappointing and undefined.

NOTE: Yesterday they also updated Echolink for Window with v1.6.2 after 17 years from the last update, but at least that worked very well, while the FTDX101 is certainly to be fixed soon for radio functions that DO NOT WORK correctly.

We wait and hope maybe together with some Easter eggs ... It has been a 1 year now that many have been waiting for him.

I don't understand why in such an excellent transceiver they don't correct these simple things, which are real programming errors of the FW, which would make the radio truly unique, not only in db but also in use.

Maybe we will have to wait for the "FTDX102D/MP" .... ;-)

73
Franco
http://yaesu.no-ip.org/ftdx101

Franco

Edited

HI

I saw that the FTDX101 manual for CAT commands has also been updated.
I immediately noted in the CAT MODE option the correction from the "PKT" text of the previous one and previous CAT MODE settings, in "PSK" of the current one ...

>> FTDX101 MP_D_CAT_OM_ENG_2101-I.pdf

File: FTDX101MP/D CAT Operation Reference Manual (2101-I)

At the moment I only noticed this, as the rest are reply errors on the CAT commands themselves between USB<>PC

73
Franco
http://yaesu.no-ip.org/ftdx101

Lou W7HV

Here's something new I found in the new manual that doesn't jibe.  On page 38 talking about the MPVD ring, it added,

"Turning the MPVD ring when the MAIN/SUB dial, VC TUNE, CLAR, or C.S. functions are not activated, will adjust the frequency at 10 times the frequency change of the Main dial."

That's not the case on MP.  With no MPVD function selected, turning the ring does nothing.

Alan

Same on the 101d. Maybe its whats coming in the update.

Lou W7HV

Personally, I'm not reading much into these new revisions.  They seem to be only minor corrections to the documentation with no changes to features or operation.  Adding the MPVD 10x dial speed thing is odd, but I wonder if that's just a cut and past error from the FTDX10 or something.  If that's the only thing coming in an update, we'll certainly be pretty disappointed. HI HI