LINEAR JACK (DB15) PIN 1

ROBERT Donchez

PIN 1 is labeled as 13.5v.  does anyone know if it is current limited, and if so the limit value. 
tnx
bob donchez

Barry D. Jacobson

I think the manual may say. I seem to recall there is another low current DC output jack in back for accessories.

--
Barry Jacobson
WA2VIU
bdj@...
@bdj_phd

On Thu, Jun 10, 2021, 6:54 PM ROBERT Donchez via groups.io <wb3hyb=rcn.com@groups.io> wrote:
PIN 1 is labeled as 13.5v.  does anyone know if it is current limited, and if so the limit value. 
tnx
bob donchez

Barry D. Jacobson

From manual regarding dedicated 13.8 output:

+13.8V This RCA output jack provides regulated, sepa-rately fused 13.8 VDC at up to 200 mA, to power an external device such as a packet TNC. Make sure your device does not require more current (if it does, use a separate power source).

Please see screenshot of manual attached.

--
Barry Jacobson
WA2VIU
bdj@...
@bdj_phd

On Thu, Jun 10, 2021, 6:59 PM Barry Jacobson <bdj@...> wrote:
I think the manual may say. I seem to recall there is another low current DC output jack in back for accessories.

--
Barry Jacobson
WA2VIU
bdj@...
@bdj_phd

On Thu, Jun 10, 2021, 6:54 PM ROBERT Donchez via groups.io <wb3hyb=rcn.com@groups.io> wrote:
tnx
bob donchez

Lou W7HV

On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 04:54 PM, ROBERT Donchez wrote:
tnx
bob donchez
It's weird.  PIN1 on the DB15 LINEAR jack, the 13.8V RCA jack, and PIN8 of the 13 pin ACC jack are all protected by a number of 3.15A fuses.  They're all on the MAIN UNIT schematic.  The manual limits the 13.8V RCA jack to 200mA though it is protected by a 3.15A fuse.  Normally, if limited to 200mA, I'd expect to see a fuse rating much closer to that.

Given the discrepancy between the fuse rating and the RCA jack rating, I can't guess what the other 13.8V pins are rated at.  If you exceed 3A, a fuse will blow, but something may go before that.