FTDX101D CAT data to Elecraft KPA1500

Daniel W9DGI

Is anyone in the group using the FTDX101D/MP with an Elecraft KPA1500? I'd like to know if the Elecraft amplifier can follow the Yaesu VFO using CAT for frequency (not Band) data. It looks like recent Elecraft firmware will allow this, but it would be good to get confirmation, and to learn if the Yaesu's serial port can simply be connected to the Elecraft's. Thanks!
--Daniel W9DGI

Scott Ellington

Daniel and I tested this the other day, and it works. Just be sure to set the baud rate correctly. Both band and frequency data are sent, so there's no need for the band data cable.

73,
Scott K9MA