cw sending

Don Blachura

Gm,
When sending cw, the panadapter screen goes blank when I key. The meters and other
info is still showing. is there a setting or is that the norm?

Don..w2xb

Morgan Bailey

That is the norm. You should see your keyed signal on the panadapter screen. With the last patch the water fall stayed when you quit keying. If you have not upgraded the firmware you will not see the waterfall return, and will have to wait for it to repaint. The last patch really did great things for the DNR. It fixed some 232 problems and kept the waterfall from totally going and having to wait for a rescan of the frequency.

I am sure you will find the 101 one heck of a great RX once you master the usage of all the options for noise reduction and peaking the signal with brick wall filtering that does not allow AGC pumping.

73, Morgan NJ8M
BS + MS + $2.98 = COFFEE
Real Life Experience = Priceless, says the man who set his back yard on fire with a breadboard tuner loading a 160 meter inverted L with 1000 watts. LOL

On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 5:01 AM Don Blachura via groups.io <haircutter=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
Gm,
When sending cw, the panadapter screen goes blank when I key. The meters and other
info is still showing. is there a setting or is that the norm?

Don..w2xb

Don Blachura

Tu very much Morgan,
Just got the rig yesterday, did the upgrade and learning the radio now. have to get used to
the rig, I have been using a Flex6600/m and a little different.
Thank you again and best 73

Don ...w2xb

Morgan Bailey

Don I can explain a bunch to you during a zoom meeting on a 1 on 1 zoom call. If you want a fast jumpstart to get up and running an not miss out on the best features, let me know. I would be glad to help any way that I can. You will be amazed what the 101 can do that the 6600 is not able to do. But, hands down, most likely the 6600 is easier to run a rtty contest with SO2R. Every rig has its strength. The 101 is the RX, hands down.

73, Morgan NJ8M
cell: 785-554-5561

On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 5:59 AM Don Blachura via groups.io <haircutter=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
Tu very much Morgan,
Just got the rig yesterday, did the upgrade and learning the radio now. have to get used to
the rig, I have been using a Flex6600/m and a little different.
Thank you again and best 73

Don ...w2xb

Don Blachura

Thanks for the reply Morgan,
 I got things going pretty well. I'm not into "zoom" . But thank you anyway.
The age here is 83 at times things get a little sticky,( if you know what I mean).
I am enjoying the rig very much and doing a lot of cw . Many oso's already.
Tu again for your help.

Don...w2xb

Morgan Bailey

If you want to call me, I can explain most anything about the rig as it pertains to CW and SSB. Contour and Notch on this rig are total game changers.

73, Morgan Bailey NJ8M

On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 9:39 PM Don Blachura via groups.io <haircutter=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks for the reply Morgan,
 I got things going pretty well. I'm not into "zoom" . But thank you anyway.
The age here is 83 at times things get a little sticky,( if you know what I mean).
I am enjoying the rig very much and doing a lot of cw . Many oso's already.
Tu again for your help.

Don...w2xb

Don Blachura

Thank You Morgan,
Wrote the phone number down.
 Been playing and setting Contour and Notch. Amazing what you can do.
Lots of great features in this rig.  One thing I would ask you, setting up auto message for cw test.
How do you enter the info? Paddle or keyboard.(virtul).

Thanks again Morgan...

Don...w2xb

Morgan Bailey

Don,
There are a couple of ways to do that. The easiest is to use N1MM FREE software. It is the best contest software out there. Coupling that with the WinKeyer USB from K1EL and you will have a first rate logging for both phone and CW. Using the internal DVK in the 101 you can CQ all day long and not say a word. Only thing that you would need to say is the other persons call and push a key and the recorded audio would go out as you recorded it. Inside N1MM you enter the message with your keyboard for CW and save the input. Then pushing that key, automatically keys the rig and all you have to do is type the call into the call filed and punch a key and the qso is complete and logged. The computer does everything but copy the call and exchange from the other persons station.

I can help you set it up if you wish. There are tons of youtube videos on the subject.

On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 11:18 AM Don Blachura via groups.io <haircutter=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
Thank You Morgan,
Wrote the phone number down.
 Been playing and setting Contour and Notch. Amazing what you can do.
Lots of great features in this rig.  One thing I would ask you, setting up auto message for cw test.
How do you enter the info? Paddle or keyboard.(virtul).

Thanks again Morgan...

Don...w2xb

Don Blachura

Morgan,
i have it setup that way in Aclog with my flex. Will do that with the ft 101d.
Thanks, I for I had it that way (senior moment). Have aclog setup now to change
bands using dx- cluster on the ft101d

Don...w2xb

Morgan Bailey

I love AC log. What a great program. Simple and it works.

You can use the N1MM software to log DX and import that as an ADIF file into ACLog and upload to LOTW. Or you can just click the bandmap in AC Log and let it do it for you. You just have to set up the telnet to a DXCluster to show up in ACLog. Either way, it sounds like you have it handled.

By now, I am sure you are finding that the RX in the 101 blows away the RX in the 6600M. There is quite a remarkable difference. But, Keep the 6600M for RTTY SO2R work. There is not a better rig out there for RTTY than the 6600M. Easy to set up and interface for MTTY and Clean on the desktop with no cables and such.

On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 11:53 AM Don Blachura via groups.io <haircutter=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
Morgan,
i have it setup that way in Aclog with my flex. Will do that with the ft 101d.
Thanks, I for I had it that way (senior moment). Have aclog setup now to change
bands using dx- cluster on the ft101d

Don...w2xb

Don Blachura

Yes Aclog is really a great software Scott put together.
ft-101d, what a great rig.

Don..w2xb