Computer USB connection fails

Richard Lawn

Just got a 101D today. Installed the drivers in the usual manner with no problem. Went to connect to some of my favorite software and nothing. I've tried HRD, DXLab Suite, and ACLog and nothing will connect. I tried both the enhanced and standard thinking I might have something wrong and still no joy. I NEVER have such problems with the number radios I've owned so what am I missing with this Yaesu?

Rick, W2JAZ

Carl Yaffey

Which drivers? I got mine a few weeks ago and downloaded the driver from Yaesu.

Carl Yaffey  K8NU
614 268 6353, Columbus OH
http://www.carl-yaffey.com
http://www.grassahol.com
http://www.bluesswing.com
http://www.timbrewolves.carl-yaffey.com
http://www.folkramblers.carl-yaffey.com
Http:www.clintonvillegrass.com

On Mar 16, 2021, at 6:06 PM, Richard Lawn <rjlawn@...> wrote:

Just got a 101D today. Installed the drivers in the usual manner with no problem. Went to connect to some of my favorite software and nothing. I've tried HRD, DXLab Suite, and ACLog and nothing will connect. I tried both the enhanced and standard thinking I might have something wrong and still no joy. I NEVER have such problems with the number radios I've owned so what am I missing with this Yaesu?

Rick, W2JAZ

David M0IXP

Have ypubinstalled the uart drivers from the yaesu website.

Windows dose not always come with the USB to serial drivers needed.

On Tue, 16 Mar 2021, 22:06 Richard Lawn, <rjlawn@...> wrote:
Just got a 101D today. Installed the drivers in the usual manner with no problem. Went to connect to some of my favorite software and nothing. I've tried HRD, DXLab Suite, and ACLog and nothing will connect. I tried both the enhanced and standard thinking I might have something wrong and still no joy. I NEVER have such problems with the number radios I've owned so what am I missing with this Yaesu?

Rick, W2JAZ

Fred Carter

Check baud rate

On Mar 16, 2021, at 5:31 PM, David M0IXP <humanpenguin@...> wrote:

Have ypubinstalled the uart drivers from the yaesu website.

Windows dose not always come with the USB to serial drivers needed.

On Tue, 16 Mar 2021, 22:06 Richard Lawn, <rjlawn@...> wrote:
Just got a 101D today. Installed the drivers in the usual manner with no problem. Went to connect to some of my favorite software and nothing. I've tried HRD, DXLab Suite, and ACLog and nothing will connect. I tried both the enhanced and standard thinking I might have something wrong and still no joy. I NEVER have such problems with the number radios I've owned so what am I missing with this Yaesu?

Rick, W2JAZ

Rejean Leveille

I recommend to read the Yaesu CAT manual found on Yaesu site.(important).
To install the driver without any USB cable connected
After driver installation to connect the USB printer cable with the radio-computer and to keep the radio at off
To open device manager and to look for Ports - USB Codec find in your computer settings and to record these two new COM Port
To use these new COM Port for the radio connection and the second one for PTT-FSK-CW,,, do not mix-up them, all details in CAT manual for default, Baud rate, stop Bits, RTS DTR level.
Now we can turn On the radio to program the radio with any software

73, Rejean, va2am

David Pritchard

Rick,

Make sure your CAT settings for baud rate under menu item “operation setting / general” match the software you are using. Also, check your device manager to see what Comm Ports were assigned when you installed the drivers and set your software accordingly.

Dave

W9QL

Have ypubinstalled the uart drivers from the yaesu website.

Windows dose not always come with the USB to serial drivers needed.

On Tue, 16 Mar 2021, 22:06 Richard Lawn, <rjlawn@...> wrote:

Just got a 101D today. Installed the drivers in the usual manner with no problem. Went to connect to some of my favorite software and nothing. I've tried HRD, DXLab Suite, and ACLog and nothing will connect. I tried both the enhanced and standard thinking I might have something wrong and still no joy. I NEVER have such problems with the number radios I've owned so what am I missing with this Yaesu?

Rick, W2JAZ

N7ZM

Rick make sure your virtual com port software is installed. You can find this com port number in device manager named silicon labs uner ports. It will install 2 ports, mine are com 5 and com 6. One port is enhanced and the second one is standard. You want to use the standard port number for TX controls, CW keying, digital modes. The enhanced port is used for AT communications, and firmware updating. Print out the paperwork in Yaesu Virtual Com Port Driver Installation manual. My virtual com port is com 6 for my digital modes.
Ron N7ZM

Richard Lawn

I found the problem thanks to a neighbor friend who has a 101d. Once I set the baud rate to 38400 all was fine. I couldn’t find the suggested rate in the manual and the auto detect function in HRD didn’t work. All is good now.

Rick, W2JAZ