CP210x_Windows_Drivers, will not install

Tom K2GO

Download the CP210x for my 64 bit computer. Select CP201xVCPInstaller_x64.exe
Program starts, accept the Install and get following msg:
"Cannot Complete the Device Driver Installation Wizard"
"The device driver installation wizard was unable to find any drivers designed for your machine. Check with vendor or your site admin to ensure you have the correct program."

I downloaded directly from the Yaesu site under FTdx101D Software tab.

Suggestions/tips/advice appreciated.
73
Tom
K2GO

N7ZM

Tom, did you download the cp210x vertical com port instruction manual and follow its directions.

Download the CP210x for my 64 bit computer. Select CP201xVCPInstaller_x64.exe
Program starts, accept the Install and get following msg:
"Cannot Complete the Device Driver Installation Wizard"
"The device driver installation wizard was unable to find any drivers designed for your machine. Check with vendor or your site admin to ensure you have the correct program."

I downloaded directly from the Yaesu site under FTdx101D Software tab.

Suggestions/tips/advice appreciated.
73
Tom
K2GO

Roger Hartel <naples08@...>

Still running Windows 7?

On Sun, Aug 22, 2021, 12:37 PM <k2go@...> wrote:
Download the CP210x for my 64 bit computer. Select CP201xVCPInstaller_x64.exe
Program starts, accept the Install and get following msg:
"Cannot Complete the Device Driver Installation Wizard"
"The device driver installation wizard was unable to find any drivers designed for your machine. Check with vendor or your site admin to ensure you have the correct program."

I downloaded directly from the Yaesu site under FTdx101D Software tab.

Suggestions/tips/advice appreciated.
73
Tom
K2GO

Jim Jerzycke

Try installing it as Administrator.

Jim  KQ0EA

On Sunday, August 22, 2021, 11:59:59 AM MDT, Roger Hartel <naples08@...> wrote:

Still running Windows 7?

On Sun, Aug 22, 2021, 12:37 PM <k2go@...> wrote:
Download the CP210x for my 64 bit computer. Select CP201xVCPInstaller_x64.exe
Program starts, accept the Install and get following msg:
"Cannot Complete the Device Driver Installation Wizard"
"The device driver installation wizard was unable to find any drivers designed for your machine. Check with vendor or your site admin to ensure you have the correct program."

I downloaded directly from the Yaesu site under FTdx101D Software tab.

Suggestions/tips/advice appreciated.
73
Tom
K2GO

ray sylvester nr1r

unplug usb cable from radio  run as admin install

Tom K2GO

Gentlemen,
Tnx for your tips/advice....I tried download/setup with laptop and worked fine...the.problem?....my desktop was presenting me with the install.exe file as if it had automatically unzipped the download....it HAD not....red face, cockpit error.
Now, it has been manually unzipped and installed...running nicely with N1MM+.
Shucks,
73
Tom

Jerry Lofstead W3CDE

I have the identical problem on WIN 10.  Works great on win 7