Scope Mode during Xmit? #ftdx101mp

Tony

During transmit, is the Scope Mode always set to CENTER and SPAN 2kHZ, regardless of how it's set in receive?
--

Tony W6ZZY

Tony

I've found that you can set the sub span during xmit, if you remember to set rig to "sub", then set span for the sub. I thought I had tried that already, but apparently not. Setting mode doesn't seem to take effect though - always goes back to center. Lots to learn about this rig...
--

Tony W6ZZY

W0ARM - Alan

Edited

Hi Tony,

I use the "Fixed" mode for most all operating.  Occasionally, I will go to Center (or Cursor) if I want to see something on the display that is out-of-band (my "Fixed" band), or when SWL-ing.

Since I use "Fixed" 99% of the time, I will set the TX display "Span" at 10k or 20k, while in the "Center" or "Cursor" mode, and then that will be also the span displayed when TX-ing. If the SPAN is set for 50k (in either Cursor or Center), then the TX SPAN will also be 50k, etc.  Also, "Cursor" and "Center" both follow the same setting: If 'Center" is set for 10k, then "Cursor" will also be set to 10k, etc... They are NOT independently adjustable.

Lastly, the settings ("Fixed", "Center", "Cursor", and their respective "Spans") on both the MAIN VFO and SUB VFO's, are independent from one-another.  How ever you have the "Span" set on SUB VFO set, is how you will TX when using the SUB VFO [for TX].  And however you have the Span set on the MAIN, is how you will TX  when on MAIN VFO [for TX].

Also: YES, the TX scope always displays "center" operation., and shows your audio spectrum either above or below (USB or LSB) the center frequency.

Hope that helps...

Good luck!

73,
~Alan