Monitor Size??

W8UV Phil

What size monitor works the best with the radio?

Phil  W8UV

Gary Schwartz

Whatever size you would like as long as it supports 800X600 resolution and takes a DVI connection.

Gary
K3OS

------ Original Message ------
Sent: 6/28/2021 2:45:32 PM
Subject: [FTDX101D] Monitor Size??

Phil  W8UV

Jim Jerzycke

I'm using an older Dell 24" monitor. I don't think I'd care to use one smaller than 20", but that's just me.

73, Jim  KQ0EA

On Monday, June 28, 2021, 12:54:08 PM MDT, Gary Schwartz <garysch69@...> wrote:

Whatever size you would like as long as it supports 800X600 resolution and takes a DVI connection.

Gary
K3OS

------ Original Message ------
Sent: 6/28/2021 2:45:32 PM
Subject: [FTDX101D] Monitor Size??

Phil  W8UV

Paul - W1PR

When I first got my '101D I used an outboard 24" monitor. I found it to be little more than eye candy. Sure, it's nice to have a big display but what is the utility of a big picture (literally) that lacks touch screen capability other than to impress visitors? Now I use the 24" montor for logging and am perfectly happy glancing at the 101's screen when necessary.
--
73 de Paul - W1PR

Morgan Bailey

I totally agree about the eye candy. I never look at the screen unless I am in S&P mode. Which is almost never. Run Run Run! All I ever look at is the keyboard (my typing skill kinda suck) and the monitor for logging. For me an extra cable is just one more way to get RF someplace you don't want it. The screen on the 101 is a thing of beauty and function. It is great.

Contrasting the 101 to the P3 from Elecraft, that screen sucked and was way better on a monitor because the info on the tiny screen was for the most part almost worthless to my taste.

73, Morgan NJ8M

BS + MS + $2.98 = COFFEE
Real Life Experience = Priceless, says the man who set his back yard on fire with a breadboard tuner loading a 160 meter inverted L with 1000 watts. LOL

On Tue, Jun 29, 2021 at 10:05 AM Paul - W1PR <w1pr@...> wrote:
When I first got my '101D I used an outboard 24" monitor. I found it to be little more than eye candy. Sure, it's nice to have a big display but what is the utility of a big picture (literally) that lacks touch screen capability other than to impress visitors? Now I use the 24" montor for logging and am perfectly happy glancing at the 101's screen when necessary.
--
73 de Paul - W1PR

Lou W7HV

I'm fortunate that I can see the 7" screen well without glasses so a larger screen would provide no benefit.  I might need glasses for the larger screen if it's significantly further away. The mouse is OK but you still need to touch the buttons a knobs around the screen, so I just touch the screen rather than grab the mouse.  On some rigs, you can get more info and options on a larger monitor, but that's not the case with the FTDX101 connecting a monitor to the DVI connector.