No transmit on FT8

Phil

I believe this happened after the last software upgrade for FTdx101D, but not sure. Trying both JTDX and WSJTX I'm unable to transmit. on FT8. Receiving is good as usual. Are there new settings established since the upgrade? My Windows sound settings are set to the max (100). Input and output are set to "CODEC".
Sorry if this is a duplicate post.
763's
Phil
K4PWS

Carl Yaffey

Phil, I’ve had that issue in the past. First, make sure you have the driver installed and a com port available. Windows has messed that up several times!
Then, check your settings. Walt, KK4DF, has found settings that work very well. You can see them here:
http://carl-yaffey.com/ham-radio.html (scroll to the bottom).

73 (already plural)

Carl Yaffey  K8NU
614 268 6353, Columbus OH
http://www.carl-yaffey.com
http://www.bluesswing.com
http://www.timbrewolvesband.com
http://www.folkramblers.carl-yaffey.com
Http:www.clintonvillegrass.com

On Jun 11, 2021, at 4:24 PM, Phil via groups.io <k4pws@...> wrote:

I believe this happened after the last software upgrade for FTdx101D, but not sure. Trying both JTDX and WSJTX I'm unable to transmit. on FT8. Receiving is good as usual. Are there new settings established since the upgrade? My Windows sound settings are set to the max (100). Input and output are set to "CODEC".
Sorry if this is a duplicate post.
763's
Phil
K4PWS

Lou W7HV

If you haven't yet, I suggest reading up on the new PRESET mode added in the Apr 2021 software release.  It's in the MODE MENU that pops up when the MODE button is held.  It changes various relevant settings when active, overriding those setting in other modes.  If not using PRESET, be sure to deselect it.  There is a manual addendum on it (and a new manual) available on Yaesu.com

Carl Yaffey

With the settings I’m now using (from KK4DF), I don’t need PRESET.

If interested, go to http://carl-yaffey.com/ham-radio.html (scroll down).

On Jun 11, 2021, at 4:32 PM, Lou W7HV via groups.io <louandzip@...> wrote:

If you haven't yet, I suggest reading up on the new PRESET mode added in the Apr 2021 software release.  It's in the MODE MENU that pops up when the MODE button is held.  It changes various relevant settings when active, overriding those setting in other modes.  If not using PRESET, be sure to deselect it.  There is a manual addendum on it (and a new manual) available on Yaesu.com

Lou W7HV

Yep. Don't need PRESET, but if it's active, it can interfere with other settings.  I strongly recommend going into the MODE menu and deselecting it if not using it.