CW PTT not working with N1MM

Tyler Stewart

I’ve been unsuccessful trying to get CW PTT on the USB interface.  Does anyone have this working?

Ty K3MM

Barry D. Jacobson

Hi, you need to download the Yaesu port drivers. There are two, one called Enhanced for radio control and the other called Standard for CW keying and PTT. The keying uses two lines, RTS and DTR. Need to configure in the radio menu which one you want for which.

Need to go to Device Manager on PC and look under Ports for the number of each one.

Then go to N1MM+ and in Config menu select the Enhanced port and choose the FTDX101D and set all the settings to the suggested values that show in bottom of window, 38400 etc.

Then in the Standard port click CW and set PTT to DTR or RTS, whatever you did in your radio. And use the other for keying.

I had no trouble in recent contest.

Good luck.

Barry

--
Barry Jacobson
WA2VIU

On Thu, Mar 4, 2021, 5:21 PM Tyler Stewart via groups.io <k3mm=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
I’ve been unsuccessful trying to get CW PTT on the USB interface.  Does anyone have this working?

Ty K3MM

Tyler Stewart

Yeah I’ve done all that. I’ve tried PTT from RTS on both serial ports with no luck.  Maybe it’s an N1mm problem?  Guess I’ll change to an external PTT interface.

73, Ty K3MM

Sent from the all new Aol app for iOS

On Thursday, March 4, 2021, 5:43 PM, Barry D. Jacobson <bdj@...> wrote:

[...]

ON4CT

Ty
You can search in this forum  with n1mm+ , you will find my  messages with screen pictures of settings.

Dirk
on4ct

Rejean Leveille

Hi
By CAT default this radio uses RTS at ON, this looks like a conflict command between software.
I decided to use DTR for every program. For me this was easier without any conflict with DxCommand, WSJT, N1MM, MTTY,,,, (PTT, CW, FSK_Ext64).

You cannot mix-up Yaesu port driver, information to be found in CAT installation manual.
To always install a new driver port without any USB connection, then to connect Codec USB cable with the radio at power Off, you should see the new COM Port from device manager with the new assigned port number.
Now we can turn On the radio. The computer will keep these 2x new Codec USB port numbers.
There is no problem to delete them and to reinstall the driver.

73, Rejean, va2am

Tyler Stewart

You are using DTR for CW.  So am I.  Where is the CW PTT sent from?