I want to buy the FTD!101MP.
Is the overshoot failure solved now?

73
Jan
PA4JJ

ray sylvester nr1r

yes

Rejean Leveille

Never on the MP model, this was on D and fixed,,,

Rasika Liyanage

Rejean, I have 101D with FW MAIN VO1-14. But i still have the overshoot problem on all HF bands. May i know when and under what FW it has been fixed please?

Thanks

33 73s

Yaesu issued a doc June 18, 2019 with the list of FTDX-101Ds affected by overshoots in issue (attached doc).

If your 101D dates from the first production series, you will of course have to install the update on the FW side.
You will also need to make the modification on the HW side. Yaesu (if under warranty) or a good tech can make this modification easily (it only has a small SMD resistor to replace).
I made the modification myself on my 101d, it takes me less than 30mn!

If your device is under warranty, your best bet is to contact Yaesu.

Nb. Essential modification if you use LDMOS SSPA for example ...
LDMOS do not support overshoots ...

73s Sylvain F6CIS

Le lundi 1 mars 2021 à 08:23:43 UTC+1, Rasika Liyanage via groups.io <vk2qv@...> a écrit :

Rejean, I have 101D with FW MAIN VO1-14. But i still have the overshoot problem on all HF bands. May i know when and under what FW it has been fixed please?

Thanks

Jan

This topic is about the MP version. Not the D

33 73s

oups see attached file

Le lundi 1 mars 2021 à 08:47:31 UTC+1, 33 73s via groups.io <f6cis_ep@...> a écrit :

[...]

This file is also about the D. Not for the MP PLEASE READ MY QUESTION

Rasika Liyanage

Thanks for the document. Serial # on my 101d is 0G150016. I bought it June 2020.

F5vjc

Sylvain, please can you tell me where to find info for the Hardware mod on the FTdx101D.

Thanks, 73 F5VJC

Le lundi 1 mars 2021 à 08:23:43 UTC+1, Rasika Liyanage via groups.io <vk2qv=yahoo.com@groups.io> a écrit :

Rejean, I have 101D with FW MAIN VO1-14. But i still have the overshoot problem on all HF bands. May i know when and under what FW it has been fixed please?

Thanks

F5PNI

Hi F5VJC,
I can send you overshoot release document information, but you need, if your transceiver is in the serial number list from YAESU information, like Sylvain send it up, and if you don't make the last update, make the specific update with overshoot release.

Best 73

Barry D. Jacobson

Sorry if this was sent by someone else. Had just woken up and didn't see whole thread.

--
Barry Jacobson
WA2VIU

On Mon, Mar 1, 2021, 5:58 AM Barry Jacobson <bdj@...> wrote:
I think this attached document is it.

--
Barry Jacobson
WA2VIU

On Mon, Mar 1, 2021, 5:37 AM F5vjc via groups.io <foxfive.vjc=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Roberto

Dear Gents,

The question is very simple ...

Does the MP version have any ALC Overshoot question Yes or NO.

Please do not refer to the document what Yaesu released on the D version. The question is if the MP version also had or still have this ALC overshoot problem ?

That's all

Ofcourse persinal expeeiences of MP users are more then welcome following this topic.

Thanks in advance

73 Roberto PB5X

Verzonden vanaf mijn Samsung Galaxy-smartphone.

[...]

Bonjour Jean Gabriel, I am looking for the information on the Hardware modification, I understand it is to change only one resistor SMD.

Merci, 73
Denis F5VJC

On Mon, 1 Mar 2021 at 13:34, F5PNI <f5pni@...> wrote:
Hi F5VJC,
I can send you overshoot release document information, but you need, if your transceiver is in the serial number list from YAESU information, like Sylvain send it up, and if you don't make the last update, make the specific update with overshoot release.

Best 73

33 73s

Hi Denis,

Did you rxing my two email ?

73s Sylvain F6CIS

Le lundi 1 mars 2021 à 14:58:24 UTC+1, F5vjc <foxfive.vjc@...> a écrit :

Bonjour Jean Gabriel, I am looking for the information on the Hardware modification, I understand it is to change only one resistor SMD.

Merci, 73
Denis F5VJC

On Mon, 1 Mar 2021 at 13:34, F5PNI <f5pni@...> wrote:
Hi F5VJC,
I can send you overshoot release document information, but you need, if your transceiver is in the serial number list from YAESU information, like Sylvain send it up, and if you don't make the last update, make the specific update with overshoot release.

Best 73

F5vjc

Hi Sylvain, yes thank you I have received your photos and email.
I will be able to locate the resistor with this help, much appreciated.

73, Denis F5VJC

On Mon, 1 Mar 2021 at 15:10, 33 73s via groups.io <f6cis_ep=yahoo.fr@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Denis,

Did you rxing my two email ?

73s Sylvain F6CIS

Le lundi 1 mars 2021 à 14:58:24 UTC+1, F5vjc <foxfive.vjc@...> a écrit :

Bonjour Jean Gabriel, I am looking for the information on the Hardware modification, I understand it is to change only one resistor SMD.

Merci, 73
Denis F5VJC

On Mon, 1 Mar 2021 at 13:34, F5PNI <f5pni@...> wrote:
Hi F5VJC,
I can send you overshoot release document information, but you need, if your transceiver is in the serial number list from YAESU information, like Sylvain send it up, and if you don't make the last update, make the specific update with overshoot release.

Best 73

F5PNI

Hi Roberto,
No ALC overshoot problem on the MP version

Best 73

Roberto

Ok merci.

73 Roberto

Verzonden vanaf mijn Samsung Galaxy-smartphone.