Program RTTY

Jorge Gallardo (EA4T)

What rtty program do you use with the yaesu ftdx-101mp

Lars Mahling

I am running MMTTY with WIN-Test for logging…

DL7ALM
Lars

Am 14.02.2021 um 12:17 schrieb Jorge Gallardo <ea4ayw@...>:

What rtty program do you use with the yaesu ftdx-101mp

Barry D. Jacobson

I am total RTTY novice. First time this weekend in big wpx contest. Set up MMTTY with N1MM and they work seamlessly. The N1MM function keys preprogrammed for RTTY. Didn't have to do anything. Even a key for "AGN?".  Supposedly very advsnced stuff can be done like hooking up a spotter to bandmap and then just click on calls you want and brings you smack on frequency. Haven't tried yet. Still learning my way around. Very cool to have continuous freq and mode display on laptop and tune with arrow keys (not using any remote software). The manual for N1MM is over 800 pages and well written. Had no time except to skim for a minute or two but well worth reading. Wish our Yaesu manual was written like this.

--
Barry Jacobson
WA2VIU

On Sun, Feb 14, 2021, 8:40 AM Lars Mahling via groups.io <lars.mahling=lars-mahling.de@groups.io> wrote:
I am running MMTTY with WIN-Test for logging…

DL7ALM
Lars

Am 14.02.2021 um 12:17 schrieb Jorge Gallardo <ea4ayw@...>:

What rtty program do you use with the yaesu ftdx-101mp

Barry D. Jacobson

Can anybody help me with a stupid question? In MMTTY via N1MM how do I type an unscripted comment during a QSO without macro keys? Suppose I meet a friend during RTTY contest and want to ask Hi, how're you doing?

Thanks.

--
Barry Jacobson
WA2VIU

On Sun, Feb 14, 2021, 10:13 AM Barry Jacobson <bdj@...> wrote:
[...]

Maybe Alt+K ???

Lars

Am 14.02.2021 um 17:22 schrieb Barry D. Jacobson <bdj@...>:

[...]

I think that edits the macro list.

--
Barry Jacobson
WA2VIU

On Sun, Feb 14, 2021, 11:49 AM Lars Mahling via groups.io <lars.mahling=lars-mahling.de@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Fred KG9X

CTRL + K  starts TX then use ESC to RX
--
73,  Fred  KG9X

Barry D. Jacobson

Thanks. I hear something happening, but don't see letters. Maybe looking at wrong window.

--
Barry Jacobson
WA2VIU

On Sun, Feb 14, 2021, 1:36 PM Fred KG9X via groups.io <fred.kg9x=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
CTRL + K  starts TX then use ESC to RX
--
73,  Fred  KG9X

Adrio Neroni <adrioneroni@...>

Hi Barry,
You have found a way to send a message whit the keyboard.
I intend to transmit a message typed by usb connected keyboard.
Best regards.
Adrio IZ6TGS

Barry D. Jacobson

I believe what someone mentioned here Ctrl-K is correct, then ESC to stop. I didn't need it but seems to work. I will write up my experience using RTTY first time in the contest in near future. Things worked great with all the help I got from the guys here. Thanks to all.

--
Barry Jacobson
WA2VIU