NEWS: FTDX101 NEW FIRMWARE... soon!

Frank

Edited

Hi

Infos just received: it should be imminent and a new firmware for the FTDX101's.

Will be available soon?
Which will include some fixes to the problems and problem currently present.
A hardware modification will also be available in technical assistance for the SWR PEAK problem as well as that of the sensitivity of some front rotating controls, but for these it will be brought to the "shop-support".

It would not seem that there are any improvements on the FTDX101 but only the necessary changes and corrections due to the known current problems.

We are looking forward to these hoped-for days of waiting for this fixes and I will bring the radio in assistance, for hardware mods, as soon as possible.

Thanks YAESU for the coming soon new FirmWare!

73
Franco

PA7TWO - Kees

Nice, let it come to us :-)

Hi guys

no news right now from Yaesu about FW update……isn’t it ?

...disappointing

73 Giorgio

David M0IXP

Very. Not only the lack of actual updates. But in a modern world where yaesu havs moved to a format that is so dependent on quality software.

The complete lack of information as to what is being worked in or repaired in the next update. Is unforgivable.

On Fri, 26 Feb 2021, 11:22 Giorgio IK1BXN, <ik1bxn@...> wrote:
Hi guys

no news right now from Yaesu about FW update……isn’t it ?

...disappointing

73 Giorgio

Frank

HI Giorgio,
actually it should have come out with the FW correction of most of the problems communicated and known by Yaesu

which they also almost everything confirmed: LINK

already for a few weeks... but still no news.

Maybe they have fw soft problems or are adding more, I don't know...

However, I had received an email from Yaesu confirming the release "in days" but unfortunately still nothing ...  ;-(

I hope it will be available soon, at least to correct the current real bugs, it is at least a year after v.202004 that we are waiting ...

73
Franco

David I completely share your point of view

We’re going to celebrate the first birthday for current public FW release (because I guess in production they shipped in the time 101 with different releases without making them available for public).
We are talking about a top rig the had a huge success (a deserved success indeed) but it seems no attention were paid to by the manufacturer…..even if many issues (important,critical,stupid,optional it doesn’t matter as no reaction no one of them produced) were send to manufactirer.

In these days another brand released a new FW version adding many enhancements and improvements for a rig that was born years ago and costs 1/3 than the 101D … the 7300 ! nothing else to add

73 Giorgio

Adrio Neroni <adrioneroni@...>

Ho fatto l'aggiornamento firmware 1.40 sul mio 7300 molte migliorie ampliando la funzione della manopola multi e tante alte cose...... insomma 14 pagine che spiegano le nuove funzioni e migliorie.
Aspetto anche io con trepidazione il nuovo firmware per il 101.
Saluti

Adrio IZ6TGS

Adrio Neroni <adrioneroni@...>

Hi Franco, there are news about new firmware ????

GW4DVB

Don’t hold your breath – Yaesu have proved themselves to be negligent in supporting the product and their current userbase – At the very least shameful. I’ll not be buying Yaesu in the future !!!