FTDX101 PSK in LSB instead of USB ??

Frank

Edited

FTDX101 PSK in LSB instead of USB ??

HI all

If I set the PSK MODE this switches me to PSK-lsb and not PSK-usb.

It seems to me that the various AFSK modes need to be set in USB.

Is there any way to change from PSK-lsb to PSK-usb as it should be?

I have not seen in the MENU, except the NOR/REV PSK mode for to alleviate the problem, but the frequency, then if I have the PITCH OFFSET, is wrong even more.

Thanks, 73
Franco

Rejean Leveille

Hi
Shouldn't you select DATA-U with an external PSK program?
I agree with you direct PSK will be LSB side but I am not sure for what protocol,,, a question for Yaesu.

73, Rejean, va2am

K7GQ

PSK31 if not affected by the choice of LSB or USB - either work.
--
Harry  K7GQ

Frank

On Sun, Dec 6, 2020 at 09:48 AM, K7GQ wrote:
PSK31 if not affected by the choice of LSB or USB - either work.
Yes, thanks Harry,
I also wrote this in my reply, but in PSK-LSB the frequency is NOT correct on the transceiver anymore, besides by default I should use USB.

It has the LSB and USB mode while on the FTDX101 I can modify it for the QPSK mode, but it has the default NOR to change in REV, and then the displayed frequency would always be wrong.

Already that 1000hz shift is annoying, which then becomes 2000Hz (+/- 1000Hz) from the correct frequency between USB and LSB.
Well, even I programming soft in PSK, I was unable to correctly understand this interpretation made in PSK-L and of the shift "patch".

Thanks, 73
Franco

Frank

On Sun, Dec 6, 2020 at 07:35 AM, Rejean Leveille wrote:
Shouldn't you select DATA-U with an external PSK program?
I agree with you direct PSK will be LSB side but I am not sure for what protocol,,, a question for Yaesu.
Hi Rejean,

here from the manual and use, MODE PSK it is for PSK31 BPSK or QPSK that we normally use the USB mode by "international" default, say PSK-USB and not PSK-LSB!!

PSK mode in FTDX101 can be useful because it cuts by cleaning the frequency a little and for the internal PSK keyer and decode.

Normally I use PSK31 in DATA-U for this "FTDX101 PSK-L MODE" problem with my little home made app

NOTE: if I want to decode with the PSK31 inside FTDX101 DECODER I have to select PSK mode in FTDX101: then result PSK_LSB

Normally the BPSK is used to ENCODE/DECODE mode as described in the manual:
MODE PSK therefore normally the frequency to be tuned for example in 20m BPSK31 at 14070 USB.

On PSK-lsb mode it is not the correct frequency as the normal PSK qrg reference: should be PSK-USB MODE.

Then I use DATA-U instead PSK MODE!

Unfortunately, this is not the case if I select the PSK MODE to use internal DECODE and if I want to use the internal memory PSK keyer to ENCODE text memory!!!

NOTE: It should also be noted that, as described in this BUGS list, unfortunately if you leave the MONITOR DECODE active, the KEY memories 1-5 DOES NOT WORK even in PSK !!!!
(keyer PSK (like RTTY) work only with "DECODE OFF" or by pressing PTT manually first, useless to have it standalone...)

I know it doesn't change much between LSB and USB in BPSK but the frequency to tune should be correct in USB (PSK_USB)

==> But maybe I am wrong something for the PSK-USB instead the PSK-LSB?

Thanks, 73
Franco
(sry google translator)

Rejean Leveille

Well, Franko I am learning something then only Yaesu could update the software. If not already done to send them an e-mail with your request.

Good luck

Rejean