Autotrack steppir SDA200 with FTD101D

blair@...

Just ordered the S18 cable.  Steppir says it will work.

Fred Kepner

I will be following the thread.  I am in the process of installing a Steppir and have the SDA2000.  When I ordered, I noticed a statement about the firmware level of the SDA2000.

It says this on the interface cable page:  Requires transceiver interface firmware 9E or later. Select “FT9000D” in the transceiver setup menu.

I hope to have mine up and running in a week or two.

Fred
K3FRK

On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 10:04 AM Neil Foster <archernf@...> wrote:
I do not know how the the SDA200 handles auto track with the FTdx101 but I have the SDA100 controller and I had to send it back to SteppIR to update it so it would auto track the 101 series. It was NOT an Ham radio Deluxe issue but a SteppIR issue which they fixed. With the update from SteppIR the 101MP tracks perfectly.
Neil   N4FN

Neil Foster

I do not know how the the SDA200 handles auto track with the FTdx101 but I have the SDA100 controller and I had to send it back to SteppIR to update it so it would auto track the 101 series. It was NOT an Ham radio Deluxe issue but a SteppIR issue which they fixed. With the update from SteppIR the 101MP tracks perfectly.
Neil   N4FN

rushforthleslie

Sorry to tell you I gave given up trying
It took Hamradiodelux over 12 months to get their software talking to the radio.

-----Original Message-----
To: FTDX101D@groups.io
Sent: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 2:13
Subject: Re: [FTDX101D] Autotrack steppir SDA200 with FTD101D

Did you ever figure it out, Les?  I thought I had it working before the firmware update.   It doesn't work now.  I reinstalled older firmware and that did not solve the problem.  

Many thanks,
Blair
ki4yy

blair@...

Did you ever figure it out, Les?  I thought I had it working before the firmware update.   It doesn't work now.  I reinstalled older firmware and that did not solve the problem.  

Many thanks,
Blair
ki4yy

rushforthleslie

Thanks for reading this posting
Anybody got any ideas on how to get the 101 to talk to the steppir SDA2000 controller ?.
Many thanks Les....G4RIQ.