CT-178 cable to the Quadra

Steve - N3SL

Just received my 101d after owning and running the FT2000 for nearly 23 years with the Quadra.  Am I wrong in concluding the connection from the 101d to the Quadra can be a simple "straight thru" male/male DB15, with a separate RCA/RCA connection for the ALC???  That's how I read the pinouts.

ray sylvester nr1r

i made a cable that connects the ftdx101mp to band data 1 and alc 1  on the quadra . that way the amp can stay off and feed thru as long as the v/p 1000 is switched on from the front panel

ON4CT

Steve

Indeed, that is what I read in the manual also.

Dirk
on4ct

K7GQ

Steve

When you tire of having to turn the Quadra on to get to an antenna, do what several of us have done and build your own BAND DATA 1 cable.
--
Harry  K7GQ

Steve - N3SL

Fascinating....and surprising, at best. And they want $75 for a
simple straight through DB15 and RCA cable.... Not for me!