From: "N7ZM" <n7zm@...>
Sent: 2/25/2020 6:22:58 PM
Subject: [FTDX101D] 60 meters

         I never operated 60 meters before ( 5.3 MHZ ). Today on the cluster I saw a DX station so thought I would try it on my MP. I looked and yes 5357 was one of the 5 channels we can operate on at 100 watts PEP. I went there and my MP would not transmit to my surprise. Before you ask, yes it was on the 5.0 band. What am I missing or overlooking? Might be time to call Tim Factor on this????
         Ron N7ZM

WW1SS. . . Steve

I have not operated there but I believe tx bandwith is 2,8k

W0ARM - Alan

Hi Ron,

This topic has been discussed here before, but I will enlighten you.

60m can ONLY be accessed through the memory channels.  Selecting the "5.0" band button may take you to the 60m band, and even if you dial up the appropriate frequency, you will not be able to transmit.

Here's how to get to the 60m preset frequencies:

With radio ON, press the "V>M" button to access the channel memory.
Using the MULTI knob, scroll the list down to the end of the list.
The last 10 channel spaces are pre-programmed for 60m operating frequencies.  They are numbered 5-01 thru 5-10,  with 01 thru 05 for USB, and 06 thru 10 for CW.
Select the channel you wish to operate on, and press the MULTI knob to select/load the channel into the VFO.
Now your set to operate on 60m.

Hope that helps.

73's,
Alan
KV6ARM

k4cvl

Alan, Have you noticed what MODE you are in when you choose one of the 60m memories?  I wonder if you are able to CHANGE the operating mode once in a memory channel on 60?  -Mike

[...]

From the ARRL Website…no telling if it is up-to-date.  – Mike

Amateurs are permitted to operate on five frequency channels, each having an effective bandwidth of 2.8 kHz.

Table 1:
Channel 1: 5330.5 kHz
Channel 2: 5346.5 kHz
Channel 3: 5357.0 kHz