My New FTdx-101D

KM6VMR

Wow, just got my new rig yesterday delivered form HRO Denver store, had a serial# that starts at 9I040XXX, so I know this build date was somewhere in Just 2019.  I believe it has the latest firmware, but I will need to double check.  Initial impressions are, wow I am like kid in a candy store...lol there is so much to learn on this rig, so many parameters to set.  Reminds me of my TS820S & TS-120S old rigs back in the 80s...

So far I’m very impressed with the receiver’s sensitivity and selectivity performance most especially, that button named “NR” at a push of that button at between levels 7 to 15, it will do wonders to my ears…lol I still have my ICOM-7300 as a comparison rig and I know it maybe tier1 or 2 transceiver, but my goodness, the FTdx-101D can hear stations that the IC-7300 cannot…I used too own and operated a FlexRadio 6600M and although it had the  prettiest TFT display, this FTdx-101D kicks its butt in the noise reduction capability and I think Yaesu as a big winner here by combining the best of both worlds in a hybrid SDR direct conversion and superheterodyne.

Ok so far the only difficulty I’m having is interfacing the RS-232C to my CIrro Mazonni magnetic loop antenna frequency control interface.  I read Yaesu’s CAT operations reference manual, and saying to select “TUNER/RS232C to RS232C” but that field is only showing “INT, EXT1, 2 & 3”.  Perhaps the CAT manual was published after the firmware was upgraded.

The manual also states that I need a straight thru cable vice a null modem cable and all my DB9 to DB9 cables are null modem cables so will need to find a straight thru cable.  With regard to FT8 interface, it connected right away, had to install the drivers from Yaesu’s website.

Dan

KM6VMR

Mark Feltham <dodacarem@...>

Hello Guys/Girls
I still prefer the BHI noise reduction speaker audio than the noise reduction  on the FTDX101MP I have in ownership here.
I live in a truly built up area of main line Railway into Central London 40 metres away to the south and electrified trams also 20 metres to the south, as well as 14 other residents with all their electronics within my block.
Nothing compares to the BHI speaker in 10 years of operating in one of the noisiest QTHs on the planet..

Don’t procrastinate, Get the BHI

Mark
73

On Feb 20, 2020 at 5:37 pm, <KM6VMR> wrote:

[...]

CHRIS HARRAP

Bhi, are you serious  !!

73

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

[...]

Mark Feltham <icomic781101@...>

Absolutely, that’s why I replied.
In my location that is a dreadful location Noise wise there is no comparison, I had the Kenwood 990 before this current FTDX101MP and simply could not operate without the BHI..
When I bought the MP I soon realised that yet again the BHI was far superior.
Ps, I like everything else about the MP

Pps, Even Rob Sherwood can’t use the NR on the Yaesu.

Just something to ponder

Mark
73

On Feb 20, 2020 at 5:58 pm, <CHRIS HARRAP> wrote:

[...]

Graeme <ggundry@...>

Mark, the NR is OK on the 101d/mp but no were as good as the FTdx5000mp can not understand Yaesu, even the contour is a waste of time nothing like 5000
even the FT2000 was good.  Graeme.

PS.    This will set the ball rolling!!

Mark Feltham <dodacarem@...>

That’s an interesting observation..
To my ears ( Abbey rd recording studios Engineer level) I personally prefer the NR audio of the BHI..

The NR on the MP seems to my ears to squeeze the life and dance of the RX audio on voice, whereas on the BHI it breathes a little more and has less of a “Manufactured” feel..
Each to their own of course and I stress this is a personal opinion  of a pair of professional trained ears..And that’s including the roaring Silence ( Tinnitus)

Bests

On Feb 20, 2020 at 6:55 pm, <Graeme via Groups.Io> wrote:

Mark, the NR is OK on the 101d/mp but no were as good as the FTdx5000mp can not understand Yaesu, even the contour is a waste of time nothing like 5000
even the FT2000 was good.  Graeme.

PS.    This will set the ball rolling!!

Rejean Leveille

Both Ftdx101 and Ftdx5000 we can decide to attenuate or to a gain the narrow audio response with the contour. Under noisy weak signals often boosting the male voice around 400-500 Hz will help to fully copy.
By default contour comes as an attenuator. The same result with cw by matching the side tone control frequency we then can lower the audio volume and easier listening.

va2am, Rejean

k9iuq@...

On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 12:55 PM, Graeme wrote:
the contour is a waste of time nothing like 5000
I agree that the DEFAULT setting on the FTDX101 Contour control is near worthless, HOWEVER if a ham reads the manual, a smart ham will find the Contour control is very configurable to one's operating preference and liking.

Stan K9IUQ

BILL KENNAMER

I love the contour. Properly used, it can make interference disappear. Especially when used with the notch.

On Thursday, February 20, 2020, 5:52 PM, k9iuq@... wrote:

On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 12:55 PM, Graeme wrote:
the contour is a waste of time nothing like 5000
I agree that the DEFAULT setting on the FTDX101 Contour control is near worthless, HOWEVER if a ham reads the manual, a smart ham will find the Contour control is very configurable to one's operating preference and liking.

Stan K9IUQ

Jon Ermels

I've had both the 2k and 5k along with an IC-7610 and none of the three were as good. Probably the biggest disappointment was paying a down payment and waiting almost a year for it for the 7610. The receiver was nothing compared to the FTdx-101D.  I had the 7610 and the 101d both for three months on an a/b switch and was stunned at the superior performance of the 101d. It is exactly as K5FUV says.

73 de NØIGU Jon

On Thursday, February 20, 2020, 06:16:48 PM CST, BILL KENNAMER <k5fuv@...> wrote:

I love the contour. Properly used, it can make interference disappear. Especially when used with the notch.

K5FUV

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Thursday, February 20, 2020, 5:52 PM, k9iuq@... wrote:

On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 12:55 PM, Graeme wrote:
the contour is a waste of time nothing like 5000
I agree that the DEFAULT setting on the FTDX101 Contour control is near worthless, HOWEVER if a ham reads the manual, a smart ham will find the Contour control is very configurable to one's operating preference and liking.

Stan K9IUQ

K O <kolson@...>

Speaker?

It may just be me, but I feel "deaf" without cans for any kind of serious radio operating. Speakers are great for listening to music, OTOH, especially those great Abbey Road recordings :)

73 Kevin K3OX

I still prefer the BHI noise reduction speaker audio than the noise reduction on the FTDX101MP I have in ownership here.

I live in a truly built up area of main line Railway into Central London 40 metres away to the south and electrified trams also 20 metres to the south, as well as 14 other residents with all their electronics within my block.

Nothing compares to the BHI speaker in 10 years of operating in one of the noisiest QTHs on the planet..

Don’t procrastinate, Get the BHI

Mark

73

&gt;
&gt; On Feb 20, 2020 at 5:37 pm, &lt;KM6VMR (mailto:dmcchavez@...)&gt; wrote:
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; Wow, just got my new rig yesterday delivered form HRO Denver store, had a serial# that starts at 9I040XXX, so I know this build date was somewhere in Just 2019. I believe it has the latest firmware, but I will need to double check. Initial impressions are, wow I am like kid in a candy store...lol there is so much to learn on this rig, so many parameters to set. Reminds me of my TS820S &amp; TS-120S old rigs back in the 80s...
&gt;
&gt; So far I’m very impressed with the receiver’s sensitivity and selectivity performance most especially, that button named “NR” at a push of that button at between levels 7 to 15, it will do wonders to my ears…lol I still have my ICOM-7300 as a comparison rig and I know it maybe tier1 or 2 transceiver, but my goodness, the FTdx-101D can hear stations that the IC-7300 cannot…I used too own and operated a FlexRadio 6600M and although it had the prettiest TFT display, this FTdx-101D kicks its butt in the noise reduction capability and I think Yaesu as a big winner here by combining the best of both worlds in a hybrid SDR direct conversion and superheterodyne.
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; Ok so far the only difficulty I’m having is interfacing the RS-232C to my CIrro Mazonni magnetic loop antenna frequency control interface. I read Yaesu’s CAT operations reference manual, and saying to select “TUNER/RS232C to RS232C” but that field is only showing “INT, EXT1, 2 &amp; 3”. Perhaps the CAT manual was published after the firmware was upgraded.
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; The manual also states that I need a straight thru cable vice a null modem cable and all my DB9 to DB9 cables are null modem cables so will need to find a straight thru cable. With regard to FT8 interface, it connected right away, had to install the drivers from Yaesu’s website.
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; Dan
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; KM6VMR
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;

Mark Feltham <icomic781101@...>

Ear/Headphones with voice and CW....
No no no..
Be very careful for extended periods of operating with headphones
Vary rarely is the subject of Tinnitus brought up..
I wouldn’t want to listen CW especially with the possibility of long term hearing damage..
Be careful guys..

On Feb 21, 2020 at 12:02 pm, <K O> wrote:

[...]

Rob Suggs

If you haven't already, try that VC gadget.  Man does it knock out the noise!  I used it for the ARRL DX CW just a few days after receiving my 101D and was stunned at how well it reduced my suburban noise leaving nothing but beautiful CW tones.

Like others here I'd like a way to average the spectral display but other than that I wouldn't change a thing.  I just graduated from the FTDX-3000 and also have an IC-7300 I use for picnic table portable.  The 101 is spoiling me.

Rob
NN4NT

K O <kolson@...>

If you keep the SPL to the inner ears the same, it has the same impact. In fact, shutting out other noise in your location may facilitate listening at lower volumes.

Also, use good headphones, cheapies can have high levels of harmonic distortion which is both unpleasant and potentially harder on the ears. This is no place to scrimp. I see some of the cheap crappy consumer stuff some guys use and SMH. Tinnitus is no joke, I thankfully don't have it and hope none of you guys ever get it.

73 Kevin K3OX

But do keep the level to the "minimum needed for communications" in either case.

Be very careful for extended periods of operating with headphones

Vary rarely is the subject of Tinnitus brought up..

I wouldn’t want to listen CW especially with the possibility of long term hearing damage..

Be careful guys..

&gt;
&gt; On Feb 21, 2020 at 12:02 pm, &lt;K O (mailto:kolson@...)&gt; wrote:
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; Speaker?
&gt;
&gt; It may just be me, but I feel "deaf" without cans for any kind of serious radio operating. Speakers are great for listening to music, OTOH, especially those great Abbey Road recordings :)
&gt;
&gt; 73 Kevin K3OX
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; ----- Original Message -----
&gt; From: Mark Feltham via Groups.Io &amp;lt;dodacarem@...&amp;gt;
&gt; To: Ftdx101D &amp;lt;ftdx101d@groups.io&amp;gt;
&gt; Sent: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 12:45:30 -0500 (EST)
&gt; Subject: Re: [FTDX101D] My New FTdx-101D
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; Hello Guys/Girls
&gt;
&gt; I still prefer the BHI noise reduction speaker audio than the noise reduction on the FTDX101MP I have in ownership here.
&gt;
&gt; I live in a truly built up area of main line Railway into Central London 40 metres away to the south and electrified trams also 20 metres to the south, as well as 14 other residents with all their electronics within my block.
&gt;
&gt; Nothing compares to the BHI speaker in 10 years of operating in one of the noisiest QTHs on the planet..
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; Don’t procrastinate, Get the BHI
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; Mark
&gt;
&gt; 73
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; On Feb 20, 2020 at 5:37 pm, &amp;lt;KM6VMR (mailto:dmcchavez@...)&amp;gt; wrote:
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; Wow, just got my new rig yesterday delivered form HRO Denver store, had a serial# that starts at 9I040XXX, so I know this build date was somewhere in Just 2019. I believe it has the latest firmware, but I will need to double check. Initial impressions are, wow I am like kid in a candy store...lol there is so much to learn on this rig, so many parameters to set. Reminds me of my TS820S &amp;amp; TS-120S old rigs back in the 80s...
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; So far I’m very impressed with the receiver’s sensitivity and selectivity performance most especially, that button named “NR” at a push of that button at between levels 7 to 15, it will do wonders to my ears…lol I still have my ICOM-7300 as a comparison rig and I know it maybe tier1 or 2 transceiver, but my goodness, the FTdx-101D can hear stations that the IC-7300 cannot…I used too own and operated a FlexRadio 6600M and although it had the prettiest TFT display, this FTdx-101D kicks its butt in the noise reduction capability and I think Yaesu as a big winner here by combining the best of both worlds in a hybrid SDR direct conversion and superheterodyne.
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; Ok so far the only difficulty I’m having is interfacing the RS-232C to my CIrro Mazonni magnetic loop antenna frequency control interface. I read Yaesu’s CAT operations reference manual, and saying to select “TUNER/RS232C to RS232C” but that field is only showing “INT, EXT1, 2 &amp;amp; 3”. Perhaps the CAT manual was published after the firmware was upgraded.
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; The manual also states that I need a straight thru cable vice a null modem cable and all my DB9 to DB9 cables are null modem cables so will need to find a straight thru cable. With regard to FT8 interface, it connected right away, had to install the drivers from Yaesu’s website.
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; Dan
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; KM6VMR
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;

Mark Feltham <dodacarem@...>

Don’t use headphones full stop.,
20 years of in-ear monitoring has left me with severe Tinnitus.
Hail the roaring Silence..

Mark
73

On Feb 21, 2020 at 9:40 pm, <K O> wrote:

[...]

What exactly were you monitoring? I have 50 years of hamming, music listening and professional monitoring with headphones no problem and I suspect my inner ears are no more robust than most. I did pay attention to levels as I definitely wanted to preserve my hearing for professional reasons and personal enjoyment.

In fact, the loudest music I have been subjected to was rock concerts (bring ear plugs in case), home audiophiles and audio show demonstrators who thought loud was "impressive" (not) and worst car stereo enthusiasts rum amuck.

The worst problem I encounter is server farms with terrible loud fans and cooling systems. Good for the gear, not for the ear. There is a lot to be said for noise cancelling headphones, I use them on the train during my commute to NYC and in any noisy environment to bring down noise levels about 20 db.

73 Kevin K3OX

20 years of in-ear monitoring has left me with severe Tinnitus.

Hail the roaring Silence..

Mark

73

&gt;
&gt; On Feb 21, 2020 at 9:40 pm, &lt;K O (mailto:kolson@...)&gt; wrote:
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; If you keep the SPL to the inner ears the same, it has the same impact. In fact, shutting out other noise in your location may facilitate listening at lower volumes.
&gt;
&gt; Also, use good headphones, cheapies can have high levels of harmonic distortion which is both unpleasant and potentially harder on the ears. This is no place to scrimp. I see some of the cheap crappy consumer stuff some guys use and SMH. Tinnitus is no joke, I thankfully don't have it and hope none of you guys ever get it.
&gt;
&gt; 73 Kevin K3OX
&gt;
&gt; But do keep the level to the "minimum needed for communications" in either case.
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; ----- Original Message -----
&gt; From: Mark Feltham &amp;lt;icomic781101@...&amp;gt;
&gt; To: Ftdx101D &amp;lt;ftdx101d@groups.io&amp;gt;
&gt; Sent: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 09:51:27 -0500 (EST)
&gt; Subject: Re: [FTDX101D] My New FTdx-101D
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; Ear/Headphones with voice and CW....
&gt;
&gt; No no no..
&gt;
&gt; Be very careful for extended periods of operating with headphones
&gt;
&gt; Vary rarely is the subject of Tinnitus brought up..
&gt;
&gt; I wouldn’t want to listen CW especially with the possibility of long term hearing damage..
&gt;
&gt; Be careful guys..
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; M
&gt;
&gt; 73
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; On Feb 21, 2020 at 12:02 pm, &amp;lt;K O (mailto:kolson@...)&amp;gt; wrote:
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; Speaker?
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; It may just be me, but I feel "deaf" without cans for any kind of serious radio operating. Speakers are great for listening to music, OTOH, especially those great Abbey Road recordings :)
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; 73 Kevin K3OX
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; ----- Original Message -----
&gt; &amp;gt; From: Mark Feltham via Groups.Io &amp;amp;lt;dodacarem@...&amp;amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; To: Ftdx101D &amp;amp;lt;ftdx101d@groups.io&amp;amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; Sent: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 12:45:30 -0500 (EST)
&gt; &amp;gt; Subject: Re: [FTDX101D] My New FTdx-101D
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; Hello Guys/Girls
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; I still prefer the BHI noise reduction speaker audio than the noise reduction on the FTDX101MP I have in ownership here.
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; I live in a truly built up area of main line Railway into Central London 40 metres away to the south and electrified trams also 20 metres to the south, as well as 14 other residents with all their electronics within my block.
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; Nothing compares to the BHI speaker in 10 years of operating in one of the noisiest QTHs on the planet..
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; Don’t procrastinate, Get the BHI
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; Mark
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; 73
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt; On Feb 20, 2020 at 5:37 pm, &amp;amp;lt;KM6VMR (mailto:dmcchavez@...)&amp;amp;gt; wrote:
&gt; &amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt; Wow, just got my new rig yesterday delivered form HRO Denver store, had a serial# that starts at 9I040XXX, so I know this build date was somewhere in Just 2019. I believe it has the latest firmware, but I will need to double check. Initial impressions are, wow I am like kid in a candy store...lol there is so much to learn on this rig, so many parameters to set. Reminds me of my TS820S &amp;amp;amp; TS-120S old rigs back in the 80s...
&gt; &amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt; So far I’m very impressed with the receiver’s sensitivity and selectivity performance most especially, that button named “NR” at a push of that button at between levels 7 to 15, it will do wonders to my ears…lol I still have my ICOM-7300 as a comparison rig and I know it maybe tier1 or 2 transceiver, but my goodness, the FTdx-101D can hear stations that the IC-7300 cannot…I used too own and operated a FlexRadio 6600M and although it had the prettiest TFT display, this FTdx-101D kicks its butt in the noise reduction capability and I think Yaesu as a big winner here by combining the best of both worlds in a hybrid SDR direct conversion and superheterodyne.
&gt; &amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt; Ok so far the only difficulty I’m having is interfacing the RS-232C to my CIrro Mazonni magnetic loop antenna frequency control interface. I read Yaesu’s CAT operations reference manual, and saying to select “TUNER/RS232C to RS232C” but that field is only showing “INT, EXT1, 2 &amp;amp;amp; 3”. Perhaps the CAT manual was published after the firmware was upgraded.
&gt; &amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt; The manual also states that I need a straight thru cable vice a null modem cable and all my DB9 to DB9 cables are null modem cables so will need to find a straight thru cable. With regard to FT8 interface, it connected right away, had to install the drivers from Yaesu’s website.
&gt; &amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt; Dan
&gt; &amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt; KM6VMR
&gt; &amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt; &amp;amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt; &amp;gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;

Mark Feltham <dodacarem@...>

Professional Musician
48 years of Rock and Roll and 20 years of IEMs
Don’t do it!

On 21 Feb 2020, at 22:03, K O <kolson@...> wrote:

[...]

I’ve probably done that much rock and roll, any many years of radio with headphones. According to my hearing tests at age 25 and now, the damage was done before age 25. Since, I’ve worn earplugs or in ears, and they’ve gotten no worse. I do keep the volume control at 9:00 o’clock though.

On Friday, February 21, 2020, 4:19 PM, Mark Feltham via Groups.Io <dodacarem@...> wrote:

[...]

Richards

Good Day Mark -   I do not follow your argument.
Apparently, you believe WE will suffer hearing loss if we use headphones, because YOU failed to protect your hearing using headphones over many years.
While I have been an amplified musician for nearly 50 years,  the members of my band and I have assiduously guarded our hearing by maintaining moderate volume levels and avoiding prolonged exposure to loud sound - whether playing live or using headphones.   The danger from prolonged exposure to loud music and other loud sounds has been widely known since (at least) the 1960s.   Many sensible musicians took notice and have been careful to protect their hearing  along the way.

Consequently, I do not suffer,  nor do I expect to suffer, hearing loss or other hearing problems (e.g., tinnitus) for any reason other than the usual ravages of time and good old age.

While I am empathetic and am truly sorry for your loss,  I doubt using headphones necessarily causes hearing loss,  and my friendly neighborhood audiologist concurs.

Just MY take.   Your mileage may differ.     K8JHR

Mark Feltham <dodacarem@...>

He’s wrong
If you have a genetic predisposition to the possibility of Tinnitus as your life progresses even if it’s not noise exposure based then the use of headphones will accelerate that decline.
If I’m using the speaker of the MP to monitor the bands there is no spike in the tinnitus, if I use headphones for the same period of time the Tinnitus is unbearable.
It’s a friendly warning from a sufferer..
Avoid the phones if at all possible.