Re: Diversity for Digital Modes

Maximo EA1DDO - M0HAO - HK1H

Mike, I just remembered a video I´ve made months ago, comparing two dipoles, one horizontal connected to one receiver, and a second dipole, vertical, connected to the second receiver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDvXnL7LmdE

I managed to get audio from both receivers into the computer, by USB, and record every receiver in one stereo channel.

Main receiver into left channel. Subreceiver into right channel.

So, you get audio from both receivers into the computer by USB.

I think standard digitals software let you select either left, right, or both at same time, combined or mixed.

You can use an audio mixer (Banana Mixer) to get your own mix.

But the only software I now to use a type of diversity on digitals is MAP65:

https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/map65.html

You can try to feed MAP65 with audio from both receivers, and see what is able to do.

Please, keep us posted on your findings.

73, Maximo