Re: Diversity for Digital Modes

Maximo EA1DDO - M0HAO - HK1H

Mike, I just remembered a video I´ve made months ago, comparing two dipoles, one horizontal connected to one receiver, and a second dipole, vertical, connected to the second receiver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDvXnL7LmdE

I managed to get audio from both receivers into the computer, by USB, and record every receiver in one stereo channel.

Main receiver into left channel. Subreceiver into right channel.

So, you get audio from both receivers into the computer by USB.

I think standard digitals software let you select either left, right, or both at same time, combined or mixed.

You can use an audio mixer (Banana Mixer) to get your own mix.

But the only software I now to use a type of diversity on digitals is MAP65:

https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/map65.html

You can try to feed MAP65 with audio from both receivers, and see what is able to do.

Please, keep us posted on your findings.

73, Maximo

Sent: viernes, 10 de septiembre de 2021 7:14
To: FTDX101D@groups.io
Subject: RE: [FTDX101D] Diversity for Digital Modes

I see what you meant.

It seems USB only brings one channel audio??

Well, as plan B what you can do is to use headset audio, where you can use “Combine-1” option in the radio´s menu, to get one receiver´s audio in each channel (right + left).

Or you can use rear audio outputs, and feed your sound card in the computer, both channels.

73, Maximo

From: FTDX101D@groups.io [mailto:FTDX101D@groups.io] On Behalf Of mikelebron76@...
Sent: jueves, 9 de septiembre de 2021 14:55
To: FTDX101D@groups.io
Subject: Re: [FTDX101D] Diversity for Digital Modes

Maximo -  Your misunderstanding my question.

Yes I have diversity fully setup in SSB VOICE and using it regularly with no issues - I am aware that it is RX only. Its obvious lol.

The issue is ONLY the MAIN channel sends the signal via USB to the computer for the software to capture and decode.  It will NOT send at the same time the SUB channel which my second antenna is bound to.  There would need to be an additional sound device that would need to be configured to each audio channel (right and left) bound to both MAIN and SUB respectively.

so I ask again - Anyone ever get this working?

Join FTDX101D@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.