Re: One year review of the mp

Tommy Bosco

I purchased a brand new Yaesu FTDX101MP in June of this year. I had it for three weeks before it blew a set of finals. Keep in mind I have been a ham for almost 30 years and have NEVER blown a set of finals. I am very picky and pay close attention to SWR and antenna tuning. I am currently using the same antenna system on another radio and it's working fine, (just as it was BEFORE the FTDX101MP).
Anyway, that being said, I wish I could give at least a one month report but I cannot as Yaesu still has the radio. The last I heard the repair was done but was still waiting to be shipped.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the radio while it was in my shack. I am just a little disappointed that it failed so quickly and has taken a while to get repaired.

73,
Tom - N1UXA

On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 8:38 AM Lou W7HV via groups.io <louandzip=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Nice.  You are probably aware that the tuning rate of the VFO can be changed in FUNC, OPERATION SETTINGS, TUNING.  DIAL STEP and STEPS PER REV can change the VFO tuning rate, within limits of course.

Other than that, I do recommend updating to the 202105 firmware.  It adds some features/improvements such as: Waterfall doesn't erase after TX. CW tuning indicator works. DNR works much better. MPVD tunes at 10X the VFO when no other function is selected for it. And it does this without breaking anything else.