Re: Ham Radio ad in All Star Game

Barry D. Jacobson

Would hope the equipment manufacturers would all contribute, as well. Sometimes, if there is one individual ham who is well-off and thinks this is a good cause, they may want to donate, as well.

BTW, I was looking down, but momentarily glanced up at TV during a commercial break at the Olympics last night and could have sworn I saw a telegraph key in some ad.

--
Barry Jacobson
WA2VIU

On Mon, Jul 26, 2021, 3:44 AM Bernard Skoch via groups.io <k5xs=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
The most recent ad rates I could find for the All Star game are from 2014.

The rate is $590,000 for one 30-second spot. Add production costs and you'd be well over $600,000 (eight years ago).

I can't imagine ARRL has in its budget anything like that, and I can't imagine the return would be there.