From: "BILL KENNAMER" <k5fuv@...>
Sent: 6/25/2021 3:00:45 PM
Subject: Re: [FTDX101D] FTdx101 Panadapter Shortcomings

There are some of us who don't like averaging.

K5FUV

On Friday, June 25, 2021, 12:56:14 PM CDT, Gary Schwartz <garysch69@...> wrote:

My bad, you are correct.

Gary

From: Gary Schwartz <garysch69@...>
Date: 6/25/21 1:33 PM (GMT-05:00)

A search through this, the FTdx10 and other forums would show this and similar wish-list topics have been discussed at length.  I observe that the 991, 101d/mp, and dx10 come from the same "mold".  Aside from clearing up glaring faults, I have seen no evidence that Yaesu listens to its' customer base.  It is also true that what one likes, another dislikes.  On the other hand, the Icom philosophy allows the user to set his/her own defaults.  Take averaging for example.  Icom lets you set the amount you want from zero on up.  Similarly it has mode memory, not band memory and user defined AGC settings.  The Yaesu mindset does not allow for this type of personalization.  Based on what we have seen, I would doubt they are going to change.

Gary
K3OS