Van: "Barry D. Jacobson" <bdj@...>
Datum: 21-06-2021 17:37 (GMT+01:00)
Aan: FTDX101D@groups.io
Onderwerp: Re: [FTDX101D] scope

Just kidding.

--
Barry Jacobson
WA2VIU
bdj@...
@bdj_phd

On Mon, Jun 21, 2021, 11:30 AM Jim KE4WY via groups.io <jdenan=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
????

On Mon, Jun 21, 2021 at 10:21 AM Barry D. Jacobson <bdj@...> wrote:
I believe scope averaging is illegal in many US states, which is why Yaesu doesn't want to get involved with the regulatory issues.

--
Barry Jacobson
WA2VIU

On Mon, Jun 21, 2021, 9:57 AM Macy monkeys via groups.io <macymonkeys=charter.net@groups.io> wrote:
I agree with Lou. I, too, now prefer the real-time action of the scope and have turned averaging off on my other rigs. Who wuddathunk?

John K7FD

On Jun 21, 2021, at 5:38 AM, Lou W7HV via groups.io <louandzip@...> wrote:

Yep.  No averaging.  Averaging of the spectrum has been requested feature from the outset. IMO, it would be easy to do so I wonder why they haven't added the capability in any of the subsequent software updates.  Yep, I set LEVEL so that the noise is just popping above the line and faintly colors the waterfall below.  Some additional customization is available with the S-MENU PEAK, and FUNC/DISPLAY SETTINGS RBW and DIS SENSITIVITY, but they don't really change the basic nature of the display.

I'm in the definite minority, but I happen to like it as is.  I feel it more accurately represents the sizzle of noise and activity on the band.