Re: FTDX101D Noise on receive

Lou W7HV

Nothing like that on the two MPs I've had experience with.  It's electrical, coming through the speakers or headphones, right?   Anything else connected to the radio, USB, RS232, ...?   Is it there with everything disconnected?   If so, I'd then do a factory reset (hold FAST and LOCK through power up.)  If still there with nothing connected and after a reset, I'd call Yaesu support.

FWIW: After warmup, the MP's fan cycles on for ~10 sec then off for ~10.  It's annoying, but only sounds like a fan.