Re: FTDX101D Noise on receive

Ukradio User

Hi

Maybe fan brake ???

On Wed, 16 Jun 2021 at 16:12, steve54 via groups.io <tunstall_stephen=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
I have just bought a FTDX101D and i think there is a problem with the receive ? I wonder if anyone can help,

With the volume set at zero i hear what i can only describe as a rasping noise on and off completely random, its still present on low volume but seems
to disappear at normal levels, but i am unclear if its still at higher volume, I have unplugged the Yaesu extension speaker and its still present on the internal speaker.
My Icom 7610 is silent on same antenna and power supply, Its sounds electrical noise but somehow on receive audio and quite load really.
Anyone else observed this as to me this doesn't sound right.

Volume zero
Antenna can be unplugged
both receivers can be off
changed power supply