Re: Default IF Width on 6 meter CW

Barry D. Jacobson

Can anybody confirm what default CW IF width setting is on 50 MHz band? Was puzzled when I saw 600 Hz instead of usual 300.

Thanks.

--
Barry Jacobson
WA2VIU

On Sun, Jun 13, 2021, 9:16 AM Carl Yaffey via groups.io <cyaffey=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
I had plenty to work using FT8. But I only heard a loud 5 on SSB and a faint one on CW.

On Jun 12, 2021, at 11:21 PM, Barry D. Jacobson <bdj@...> wrote:

Hi, tried to enter the VHF contest tonite. Have only an indoor 6/2/70 cm mag-mount indoors for VHF. I know it is bad news as needs to be outdoors and horizontally polarized. But tried to give it a shot anyway. Couldn't hear a soul. Tried to fiddle with IF width to quiet background noise. Noticed that it was on 600 Hz originally. On HF I always thought default was 300 Hz. Don't remember changing it. Is this normal for 50 MHz band?

BTW, Heard from Dave Sumner K1ZZ by email that propagation was lousy today and even he gave up with good antenna.

73,

Barry WA2VIU

--
Barry Jacobson