Re: Main SDR update failure #update

Paul - W1PR

OK, I started from scratch. Cut to the chase: no difference. Still fails.

Details: (Re)-formatted SD card in radio.
On computer (Win 10) (re)downloaded FW Update 5/14/21; extracted with 7-Zip.
Copied extracted files to SD card in its main directory.
Turned radio off using power switch. Removed 12v DC. Inserted SD card. Turned radio on. Func key->Extension setting->SD card->Firmware update. Displayed files on SD card ONLY MAIN SDR V02.06 IS CHECKED.   ->Update->OK. Progress indicator lights up on MAIN SDR line but barely moves before UPDATE ERROR SYSTEM WILL REBOOT/OK box displays. As before, no response to touch screen or mouse or any front panel control including power button. Radio does NOT reboot.
Kill DC; power on; back where we started.
So I'm pretty sure I have followed everything to the letter.

I'm starting to regret having sold my FT-950. HELP!

--
73 de Paul - W1PR