Regards to all and stay safe.
Imanol
EC2DX

El vie., 20 nov. 2020 17:12, H via groups.io <zothique=ntlworld.com@groups.io> escribió:

I agree it seems odd but with the 1200 roof and dsp at 2700 the received audio is thinner but quite listenable and it appears adjacent interference is reduced. Ideal in the middle of an SSB contest. Just my pennies worth.

73

Howard

G3YZY

From: FTDX101D@groups.io [mailto:FTDX101D@groups.io] On Behalf Of David M0IXP
Sent: 20 November 2020 16:06
To: FTDX101D@groups.io
Subject: Re: [FTDX101D] filtre 1,2 khz

Sorry.

But I may be misunderstanding this.

If the roofing filter is at 1200. How is having the dsp filters wider then that going to achive much.

I'll look at your QRZ page. But would absolutly love to hear recording of the audio.

On Fri, 20 Nov 2020, 15:58 H via groups.io, <zothique=ntlworld.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi all,

I have the 1200Hz filter in my FTdx101D rig. I use it rarely but I have just carried out an experiment. I tuned 2 kHz away from a loud signal and splatter was S9 plus 10 dB (!) with 3 kHz standard roofing filter and digital width at 2700.

I then switched to 1200 Hz roofing filter and digital width tuned up to 2700. Splatter now S7. Went back to previous setting and splatter back to 9 plus.

See my QRZ page for set up.

73

Howard

G3YZY