Re: 60 meters

Daniel W9DGI

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 05:22 PM, Daniel W9DGI wrote:
What/where is Yaesu's Region C3? That is (as an example) -- would shifting a radio sold in IARU Region 2 to Yaesu's Region C3 REMOVE any frequencies authorized in some regions but not all, such as 1.8 - 1.81 MHz, 3.8 - 4.0 MHz, or 7.2 - 7.3 MHz?

When I had an FT-1000MP Mk 5 it was possible to use a sequence of buttons to re-set the radio to various regions' band plans, including enabling general-coverage transmit from 0.5 - 30 MHz.
I need to correct a typo on my previous post: I should have written Region C2 rather than C3. So it should read: "What/where is Yaesu's Region C2? That is (as an example) -- would shifting a radio sold in IARU Region 2 to Yaesu's Region C2 REMOVE any frequencies authorized in some regions but not all, such as 1.8 - 1.81 MHz, 3.8 - 4.0 MHz, or 7.2 - 7.3 MHz?"

And I should have referred to G4IRN's posting of Yaesu Technical Information in Files.