Re: CW Mode: RF continuous carrier only tho' CW Monitor sounds perfect

Tom Lewis

My Winkeyer USB works fine connected to the rear key jack.

Tom N4TL

On Sunday, February 23, 2020, 05:16:01 PM EST, BILL KENNAMER <k5fuv@...> wrote:

I have no problem with Winkeyer and rear key jack.

K5FUV

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Sunday, February 23, 2020, 2:08 PM, K7GQ@... wrote:
John

Using a WinKeyer USB and the front CW jack, there is no problem.  On the other hand, the solid carrier is presented with the WInKeyer USB on the rear CW jack.  The problem does not exist with a normal hand key so I though there might be some "ground loop" issue with the WinKeyer itself, and so reversed the leads confident of a solution.  Nope!  There's something about the WinKeyer and the rear CW port that aren't compatible - regardless of how beautiful the sidetone sounds.

At this point, I don't see Yaesu becoming involved.

Harry  K7GQ