CW Mode: RF continuous carrier only tho' CW Monitor sounds perfect

K7GQ

Received this radio today and thought I had enough time too set it up for ARRL DX CW.  That was premature and I should have kept the FTDX-5000MP around.

Regardless, using WinKeyer generated CW or my paddle, CW sounds perfect in the monitor but the fact is - the rig is simply transmitting an unbroken carrier, only terminated when the CW message finishes.

Is there a simple setting I've missed, or is it time (already) for the radio to return to the Mother Ship?

Harry K7GQ