Re: Rode NT1A Mic into FTDX101D

Maximo EA1DDO - M0HAO - HK1H

Ola Pedro,

I think your estatement on the interface is fully unrespecful.
To say that about something you haven't tested it, for my understanding you are insulting every happy user, and all the people behind that.

Are you saying the Lundahl transformers are snake oil?
Or perhaps, the Nichicon capacitor "Fine Gold" series are snake oil?
Those components are world recognize as best in their classes. Hi-End components.

What you saying is same as; Rolls Royce is snake oil, "because I took some wheels and apiece of wood, made a skateboard to ride down the street, same as a Rolls Royce".

You don't like interfaces, that's ok, you don't like Hi-End components, that's ok, you don't belive many happy experiences from users, that's ok, but...Please, show more respect.

Brigado.

73, Maximo

De: FTDX101D@groups.io <FTDX101D@groups.io> en nombre de Pedro Madeira <pedro_transistor@...>
Enviado: lunes, 7 de febrero de 2022 23:58
Para: FTDX101D@groups.io <FTDX101D@groups.io>
Asunto: Re: [FTDX101D] Rode NT1A Mic into FTDX101D

This golden maxima adaptor is more snake oil than anything else!

John, you have mic processors with mic level output. If you don’t have a mic processor or preamp with mic level output, you can make an attenuator pad of -60dB with 3 resistors and it will work just fine. Then insert the audio into mic socket on your radio!
I also work in pro audio and I have a lot of gear for vocals and for instruments abs drums; I prefer to keep thinks as simple as possible, and because I want a crisp audio for DX and contest, I just use an electret mic connected directly to the radio. I don’t care with high fidelity for transmission audio because we should only use 2,8KHz of bandwidth. 

73s

Pedro Madeira
CT7AHV/C91AHV
Mobile/WhatsApp/Telegram +351961966544

No dia 07/02/2022, às 09:35, Maximo EA1DDO - M0HAO - HK1H <ea1ddo@...> escreveu:

Hi John,

First, you need any type of "mic preamp", this will provide the phantom power supply for the mic, and will allow you to do some adjustments to your mic as; mic gain, output. Average mic preamps will have tone knobs too, treble, bass, etc. And more complete ones, calles channel strip, have some dinamics; noise gate, compressor, etc.

From that module you can feed teh audio to your radio, but you will need an adaptor. Audio modules have balanced outputs (XLR connectors) at high level . Your radio's mic input uses unbalanced signal, at mic (low) level.
As an example of this adaptor is Golden Maxima; http://goldenmaxima.ea1ddo.es/Adapter_eSSB.php

The output from this adaptor is ready to ffed your radio.

I need to say that you can add more audio modules between the mic preamp and the adaptor, for example an EQ, efects, dynamics, etc.

All those functions can be done by individual modules, or done by just one digitally box, eg. Behringer XR12; www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ_NonKfxSc

73, Maximo EA1DDO

De: FTDX101D@groups.io <FTDX101D@groups.io> en nombre de john@... <john@...>
Enviado: lunes, 7 de febrero de 2022 9:19
Para: FTDX101D@groups.io <FTDX101D@groups.io>
Asunto: [FTDX101D] Rode NT1A Mic into FTDX101D

Before I got back into ham radio, I recorded orchestras and choirs. Now that I've retired that pursuit I've sold all of my nice recording gear, with the sole exception of a Rode NT1A microphone. Can anyone guide me through a process of connecting a mic that requires phantom power, into the Yaesu??

Regards

John VK5JAK

Join FTDX101D@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.