Re: Rode NT1A Mic into FTDX101D

Maximo EA1DDO - M0HAO - HK1H

Hi John,

First, you need any type of "mic preamp", this will provide the phantom power supply for the mic, and will allow you to do some adjustments to your mic as; mic gain, output. Average mic preamps will have tone knobs too, treble, bass, etc. And more complete ones, calles channel strip, have some dinamics; noise gate, compressor, etc.

From that module you can feed teh audio to your radio, but you will need an adaptor. Audio modules have balanced outputs (XLR connectors) at high level . Your radio's mic input uses unbalanced signal, at mic (low) level.
As an example of this adaptor is Golden Maxima; http://goldenmaxima.ea1ddo.es/Adapter_eSSB.php

The output from this adaptor is ready to ffed your radio.

I need to say that you can add more audio modules between the mic preamp and the adaptor, for example an EQ, efects, dynamics, etc.

All those functions can be done by individual modules, or done by just one digitally box, eg. Behringer XR12; www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ_NonKfxSc

73, Maximo EA1DDO

De: FTDX101D@groups.io <FTDX101D@groups.io> en nombre de john@... <john@...>
Enviado: lunes, 7 de febrero de 2022 9:19
Para: FTDX101D@groups.io <FTDX101D@groups.io>
Asunto: [FTDX101D] Rode NT1A Mic into FTDX101D

Before I got back into ham radio, I recorded orchestras and choirs. Now that I've retired that pursuit I've sold all of my nice recording gear, with the sole exception of a Rode NT1A microphone. Can anyone guide me through a process of connecting a mic that requires phantom power, into the Yaesu??

Regards

John VK5JAK