Re: Diversity reception…just for fun

BILL KENNAMER

Actually, it is true diversity reception. You can separate the two receivers as John and I do, or you can use the menu and set to audio to feed both receivers into a mono audio line. That may be more what you’re looking for.

On Wednesday, October 20, 2021, 5:56 AM, Ari Þórólfur <ari@...> wrote:

This is not Diversity reception
Only RX with 2 receiver + 2 speaker.
If you have Diversity reception receiver you will see new world
😊
Like Anan Transceiver have real Diversity reception RX.

De TF1A
Yes I do own FTDX 101D with out clock  :þ

From: FTDX101D@groups.io <FTDX101D@groups.io> On Behalf Of Macy monkeys
Sent: mánudagur, 18. október 2021 01:04
To: FTDX101D@groups.io
Subject: [FTDX101D] Diversity reception…just for fun

I’m no longer a hardcore DXer or contest nut but have found two receivers very entertaining during my casual CW ragchews.

I use the ‘separate’ setting on my headphones and then sync Main and Sub receivers. I get a kick out of listening to my mag loop in my right ear and my inv vee in my left. Fun to listen to the signal shift back forth between antennas, going from one ear to the other.

On the loop I use ATT off and IPO on Amp 1. On the inv vee I set ATT to 6 dB and IPO to IPO. For me, this levels the playing field between the two signal strengths making it easier to hear interesting propagation shifts between the two antennas.

Lots of fun to be had with the FTdx101D/MP!

John K7FD