Re: Sansui TU-9900 Resistors upgrade

John Carpanini

On Mon, May 3, 2021 at 10:28 PM, Radu Bogdan Dicher wrote:
the RN/RL is the mil-spec version of the CMF (which is "global/industrial" type), though I agree - they're likely the exact same resistor inside with different scribbles on them. When "mil-spec'd," they seem to derate them to lower handled power at a given temperature (though not on the same sheet, so I'm not very sure what that's about).

Hi Radu,

Not to belabor the issue but they are indeed identical except for the marking.  That fact is even documented on the CMF Industrial datasheet "Notes" section, quoted below:

" (Except for marking, the Industrial and Military versions are exactly the same)."

Regards
JohnC