Project Cashew Summary

David Swanson

Hi All,

I've had a few emails and questions about a 'wrap up' message to the trip, but to be honest I've been so busy with work and family, as well as chasing DX since I've been home, I haven't really had a chance to put it all in a cohesive format for consumption. So, I'll share the highlights and you'll have to watch my blog for opinions and commentary over the course of the next 6-10 months for the rest.

So.... here we go:

NI5P went QRV starting on June 5th at 0931z and went QRT on June 15th, at 2303z.
44 Grids were placed on the air during the 10 day period.
1524 QSOs were made with 591 unique stations during the trip.
50150 WSJT messages were transmitted and received over the course of the trip.
Over 5000 miles were driven from rove start to rove finish, over 6000 if you count Wyatt and Dave's separate journey to EN21 to start the rove.
$692.26 was spent on Food, Ice, and Water, as well as $1561.49 in Fuel for the trucks and generator.
102 degrees Farenheit was the hottest temperature seen, and it was recorded in Casper, WY.
Minus 1 CBP Checkpoint, 0 law enforcement encounters occurred, which might be a first.

I did manage to take Youtube videos of all but one of the Line Ops (because it was pouring rain and cold on the CN93/DN03 Line and I was getting sorta-sick) for the records too, so they are documented here:

DM31: https://youtu.be/xCc-ZZ8R1Bk
DN42/DN52 Line: https://youtu.be/moYoxlxdvgo

As is standard I've posted the log files and the ALL.TXT from the rove for folks to pour over if they want to here:

http://druidnetworks.com/ni5p-master-logs-7-3-21.xlsx

and here:

http://druidnetworks.com/ni5p-project-cashew-ALL.TXT

As is also standard I'll be sending our QSL cards to everyone who donated to support the expedition. This is now the second time we've done a trip of this magnitude, and our expenses have basically been covered by the community. Random hams all over the country brought us supplies, poured us drinks, got us hotel rooms, bought us meals, sent us gift cards, and donated cash for fuel. Thank you seems like words that are totally insufficient to express our gratitude for the help - but it's the best I can do. Thank you, thank you all.

That's all for now - watch the mail for your cards (and something else for fun we're sending out :) ) and watch this and other spaces for opinions and thoughts on things that were learned after 240 hours of nothing but eating, sleeping, and operating 6 from the road. 73 Ya'll.

Dave, KG5CCI
CC: Wyatt, AC0RA

Rory Bowers - K6CKS

Great Job Dave!  Thanks for the videos.