Topics

Greetings

Ashley Vernon Hedrick

Hi everyone,

My dad always wanted me to get my ham license but I never got around to trying until now (I turn 30 this year). Am checking out local clubs but not sure I can make the Monday evening time for meetings. However I am very interested in taking the test on June 16 if possible. Not sure if that will be enough time to prepare, but I have started studying. Does the club have any events or meetings besides Monday evening?

Thanks,
Ashley

David Arthur

Can't speak for the club events, but regarding the exam one month is definitely enough time if you have an hour or so each day to study. Definitely check out https://hamstudy.org/

Cheers,
David K4DBZ

Jim Adams

Hi Ashley

If you decide you are ready to take the exam on June 16th, please send me an email expressing this intent to k4bru@....  Once I have received it, I will add your name to the roster and reply with information regarding what you will need to bring to the exam.

Our next event other than the usual 1st Monday monthly meetings will be ARRL Field Day, which will be held at the Louisburg EOC on June 23-24.  Come join us – you can participate even without a license.

Jim Adams
K4BRU