Empire on the HP3000 Empire@groups.io
Welcome to the game of Empire on the HPe3000. It is a wargame of strategy originally developed at the Evergreen State College in Olympia Washington in 1973 on an HP2000C computer. It allows for up to 255 simultaneous players at any one time. The game is played using a terminal emulator with "Telnet" or "VT/Mgr" protocol (Telnet usually comes free with many operating systems, but it is usually limited to VT-100 emulation.) You can also try PUTTY (with local echo forced-on helps).
THIS VERSION OF EMPIRE RUNS ON AN HP3000 Series 969.
Once you have configured your terminal emulator,
have it connect to the following address:
You will get a INVENT3K: prompt.
At this point you need to enter a "HELLO" command like one of the following:
If you haven't started a Nation, enter a plain text name for a new nation and create a password. You will be give a sector on an island. At this point you need to learn the game. For a hint, enter COMM and press return for a list of commands.
- 11 Members
- 28 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.
Top Hashtags [See All]No used hashtags.