Topics

WinCam for AC88 controller needed

calmissile@...

Emco appears to have pulled out all the stops and cannot find an archived copy of WinCam for the AC_88 Axis Controller.   Several years ago they sent me the WinCam_AC95 by mistake and I could never install it.  I did not realize that they sent the wrong version by mistake.  If someone still has the Zip file for WinCam for the AC_88 controller, I would appreciate it if you could contact me.

Thanks,
Doug    camlissile@...

@Travis_S

Doug,

Take a look in the "files" section on this site. There are both AC88 and AC95 versions of wincam.

With the AC88 version, it works without "install" as we traditionally think of it- unzipping the file and copy/pasting it into C:/Winnc should yield working software.

Thanks,

Travis

arjan.dijk

Op wo 11 sep. 2019 om 23:13 schreef <calmissile@...>:

Emco appears to have pulled out all the stops and cannot find an archived copy of WinCam for the AC_88 Axis Controller.   Several years ago they sent me the WinCam_AC95 by mistake and I could never install it.  I did not realize that they sent the wrong version by mistake.  If someone still has the Zip file for WinCam for the AC_88 controller, I would appreciate it if you could contact me.

Thanks,
Doug    camlissile@...

calmissile@...

Arjan,  Thanks for the link but had a couple problems.  Disk 1 does not quite fit on a newly formatted floppy.  I ended up copying all the files except the readme.txt file and it fit.  Disk 4 files are about 1.6 MB and Disk 3 seems to have some room so figured I would copy one of the files from Disk 4 to Disk 3.  Before doing so, I decided to begin the install from Disk 1 and see when the program asked for a file that it could not find.  The setup installer balked and gave me a "invalid license" error.  I gave up there since all the software I got from Emco did not need a license file and it apparently is not included on Disk 1.  Thanks for trying to help.

calmissile@...

Travis,

I am wondering if I am becoming senile.  In the files section I see 5 pages of files and do not find any wincam files, only winnc.  What am I missing?

arjan.dijk

Op do 12 sep. 2019 om 06:01 schreef <calmissile@...>:

Travis,

I am wondering if I am becoming senile.  In the files section I see 5 pages of files and do not find any wincam files, only winnc.  What am I missing?

@Travis_S

Looks like I had the senior moment- I saw Wincam as winNC. WinNC is available on the site.

That said- I have never used wincam- what is the difference between wincam and winnc? I would assume Wincam includes  a CAM package? If so, I would ask the community- what cam are you using to program your machines? Surely there are better options than what runs on a Win95/98 computer ( not trying to dig @ calmissile, genuinely curious)?

I can post a Fusion 360 post I have been using if there is interest. Curious what others are using.

arjan.dijk

Wincam is a combination of CAD CAM and machinecontrol. Really simple and works without the slowdowns that a Siemens control introduces. Nothing wrong with that and you can feed NC code coming from any CAM system

Op ma 16 sep. 2019 om 21:50 schreef <Emcofan31@...>:

Looks like I had the senior moment- I saw Wincam as winNC. WinNC is available on the site.

That said- I have never used wincam- what is the difference between wincam and winnc? I would assume Wincam includes  a CAM package? If so, I would ask the community- what cam are you using to program your machines? Surely there are better options than what runs on a Win95/98 computer ( not trying to dig @ calmissile, genuinely curious)?

I can post a Fusion 360 post I have been using if there is interest. Curious what others are using.

calmissile@...

arjan

The last file you sent got me past the first problem and the install goes OK until I get to Disk 4.   There is something wrong with the file layout.  The two files for Disk 4 add up to about 1.6 Meg and the DSHD floppies only have a capacity of about !.44 Meg.  I tried making floppies with only one of the files and the install fails when it looks for the other file.   Not sure how to get around this since the install aborts and does not allow you to swap floppies.  Got any ideas?

Doug

@Travis_S

Calmissile,

The nuclear option here would be an IDE to usb adapter and a newer computer- pull the hd, jumper it as a slave, boot with usb adapter plugged into modern computer.

Then you can drag and drop all the disks onto a hard drive folder and install from there.

Not the most convienient, but should work!

calmissile@...

Thanks for the reply but that solution will not work.  I have already tried several similar schemes.  The installer specifically is looking for the A: drive for input and does not have any options for the input.

I'll wait for arjan to reply since he has the source software and apparently has installed it.

Doug

arjan.dijk

I think I must disappoint you there. I have several installs on my disk, this was the only one with reference to mill 50, I have a 55. I can supply you the CD ISO if that helps. I did not use diskette

Arjan

Op do 19 sep. 2019 om 21:03 schreef <calmissile@...>:

Thanks for the reply but that solution will not work.  I have already tried several similar schemes.  The installer specifically is looking for the A: drive for input and does not have any options for the input.

I'll wait for arjan to reply since he has the source software and apparently has installed it.

Doug

calmissile@...

arjan,

Thanks for the clarification.  It makes sense now.  An ISO copy of your disk would probably be a solution.  Also, my machines are PCMill 100 and PC Turn 120.  If you can send me the ISO of your disk, I will try to extract what I need.

It does not appear that you have made your email address public, so here is my address

Wilson.
1448 Fulbright Ave.
Redlands, Ca.  92373

BTW, I received both RS-485 protocol analyzers and should have some time next week to do some protocol analysis on RS-485 if you are interested.  If you need any Emco hardware let me know and I will check my parts and supplies.

Thanks,
Doug

kikaaa.juric@...

You are using Fusion360 Post processor for EMCO Compact 5?

Constantine Christophi

Not for the compact 5, but I can take code from the LinuxCNC post processor and hand edit it to work on Fanuc 0. It's slow going and tedious but perfectly usable with some time.