Topics

SPINDLE SPEED CONTROL ORIGINAL C5

johnb

Hello,
Has anyone got any ideas how to control /change the spindle speed on an original c5 cnc within the program using m26 pulse output.
I know Henk did this but no precise information is available on how he did it.
After making a few parts with threads and varying dias this would be be of great benefit.
I have looked at numerous digipots but they alone would not do the job.
Thanks

The threading on those machines requires you to run at 300ish rpm. Has to do with the ancient electronics. My pcturn50 is limited to like 26tpi. threads max. The 55 series has a 80 tpi. max.
I had a older cnc5, threading was hit or miss. When it was dialed in it worked great.The only better way is to retrofit to a new controller and run a newer P.C.

Dave

johnb

Hi Dave,
My machine is a mk4 so the spindle speeds for threading are :- 0,5-1,0mm pitch = 500rpm 1,0-1,5mm = 320rpm all +5%.
I have used speeds up to these limits so it means I can use one belt range max up to 1500 rpm then down to threading speed,
John

Dieter

Hi John,

A counter and a D/A converter could be a solution. (Henk's solution?)
Because the whole motor electronic has mains potential one must use an optocoupler or pulse transformer to send
the M26 pulses to the modified controller.

Dieter