Topics

PCmill50 programming errors

David Rabenius

  To all I am trying to get a part programmed on the PCmill50. I used to have a friend wo was a EMCO dealer in Arizona but he passed away  earlier this year. My problem is with G02 & G03, keep getting the "wrong circle parameter" alarm. I used MasterCam X3 and for some reason it isn't happy. My friend used Maxnc software and MasterCam previously with no problems. I am not running the post processor specific for the EMCO, does anyone have that?
  The part I am making is 4pcs. on a 1.00 x .500 thick strip about 5.4 inches long. I am using a 1\2 inch Carbide endmill and a .750 dia. x .125 thick Keo cutter. The parts are spaced 1.400 inches apart. I have programmed & cut the ruffing passes already. I left about .020 for a cleanup cut as I ruffed with a staggered \finishing 3 flute carbide endmill.
   I don't have the EMCO milling software, have the 50 Lathe software but haven't used it yet. I need to make chips at this point and time is running out. Its a stupid problem to have and without someone who knows the machine & programming am S.O.L.
   The machine is certainly capable as I have done some "out of the box" programming using a single point threadmill to thread a large diameter tube with a thread Horizontally. I had a problem figuring that out, called EMCO (no help) and finally my local dealer (deceased) drew the thread as a helix and used Maxnc software to program. It worked like a champ. programs were huge thou.
  If anyone out there could look at my code or using the PC50 software reprogram it I would be happy to pay for the service. I have all files & drawings.

michel@...

Hello David,

Could you send me your files? I'll try my best to help you :)

Best wishes
Michel

Am 28.06.2020 04:53 schrieb David Rabenius <taborboy78@...>:

[...]

rcflyer

It would be helpful to see the code, at least the parts which err. If Fanuc 0M control, it doesn't support greater than 180° in a segment. If you are programming 180° moves, you can't use the radius callout reliably, and must use IJK.

On Sun, Jun 28, 2020 at 1:45 AM <michel@...> wrote:
[...]

Michel:
  Here you go, the complete file. I have already roughed out the .368 diameter  it is at .388. This was as received by the programmer. I made a few minor edits mainly to the Z retract values. Some of the feeds & spindle speeds are way too slow.

Dave

On Sunday, June 28, 2020, 09:51:53 PM EDT, rcflyer <sclcl082@...> wrote:

[...]

It looks ok in the verification I use, but it's not Fanuc 0M specific. There are many 180° arc moves. Fanuc manuals say it can't reliably calculate arc centers using radius format. How Emco decided to implement this is hard to say, but I believe I had the same errors in my PC Mill 125 Fanuc 0M until I changed to center format arcs in the post. Memory isn't not an issue, so a few extra characters don't matter. If you really want to stick with radius format change the maximum angle to something less than 180°.

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 12:03 AM David Rabenius via groups.io <swedeson2002=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Michel:
  Here you go, the complete file. I have already roughed out the .368 diameter  it is at .388. This was as received by the programmer. I made a few minor edits mainly to the Z retract values. Some of the feeds & spindle speeds are way too slow.

I used CIMCO to Convert, it uses IJK instead of R. Hope it helps

Arjan Dijk

David Rabenius

Arjan Dijk:
  Thanks for the help. I am adding N numbers now and will run the program to see how it works. If I can repay the favor to you let me know.

Dave

On Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 08:35:43 AM EDT, arjan.dijk <arjan.dijk@...> wrote:

I used CIMCO to Convert, it uses IJK instead of R. Hope it helps

Arjan Dijk

Al Cost

I have a complete good running set of emco pc 50 mill and lathe with computers for sale. $4500Inline image

Inline image

Inline image

Inline image

Sent from Smallbiz Yahoo Mail for iPhone