Topics

I have a emco pc 50 turn and a emco pc 50 mill

Al Cost

I have a emco pc 50 turn and a emco pc 50 mill. Does anyone have the original software and manuals I can get from you?

David Owen

What country are you in?

On Sunday, February 17, 2019, 6:13 pm, alcost@... wrote:

I have a emco pc 50 turn and a emco pc 50 mill. Does anyone have the original software and manuals I can get from you?

John Driggers

I have the electrical manuals for the PC Turn 50 in English.  If you are in the US, I've had very good luck with just asking EMCO Worldwide for manuals.  Software is a bit more dicey, and I've only been successful there with the current "Concept" generation that uses an embedded PC controller.

arjan.dijk

I have software for the PC55 Turn and mill. PC50 should also work with WinCAM, but I just looked at the CDs and there is no MSD (machine data disk) for the Turn50 on there. Do you have the PCs with the machines? Do you have the ISA cards? Without those it will be impossible. Do you have the MSD?

If you have those I can share WinCAM with you

Arjan

Op zo 17 feb. 2019 om 19:42 schreef <alcost@...>:

I have a emco pc 50 turn and a emco pc 50 mill. Does anyone have the original software and manuals I can get from you?

Al Cost

good ol USA

Al Cost

just bought pc 50 turn and pc 50 mill from a college in NC. have the machines and computers running windows 98. both have winNC and the lathe has winConfigure. I do not have data disk. Please tell me what I can do to get these going. Both have program to run a part and i have dry ran them and both machines run as they should. I believe they were set up on a network, so there is no software to generate nc code

arjan.dijk

I expect there was a Wincam installation on the machines. Did you find that? What do you use in Winnc to run the machines? Maybe a screenshot/photo?

Op ma 18 feb. 2019 om 00:18 schreef <alcost@...>:

just bought pc 50 turn and pc 50 mill from a college in NC. have the machines and computers running windows 98. both have winNC and the lathe has winConfigure. I do not have data disk. Please tell me what I can do to get these going. Both have program to run a part and i have dry ran them and both machines run as they should. I believe they were set up on a network, so there is no software to generate nc code

Al Cost

did you get the pictures?

Al Cost

here are pics of my machines

arjan.dijk

So you are running Fanuc controls. This is not bad, but not the easiest to program by hand. You can also consider programming with Fusion 360 en use a Fanuc postprocessor. I can help you with WinCAM but its less powerfull then a Fanuc control, although a bit easier to program simple contours.

Op ma 18 feb. 2019 om 01:04 schreef <alcost@...>:

here are pics of my machines

David Rabenius

Saw the auction, was surprised the lathe bought 2x the mill. Anywho, I am in Raleigh and have both machines, the mill I have dozens of part files. You dont need Wincam to run parts. You need WINNC, YOU generate your programs then load them into the folder.
In order to run a program that is listed on the softkey (library) it has to be placed outside of the main file folder. The machine wont list the program unless it's done that way. The WINCAM software allows you to run the machine under that software. You can use any G -code generating software, editing the g-code may be necessary & its not hard at all. If you are close by PM me for help.
EMCO will give yuou a new MSD disk if you call and give them the serial number. If you need the RS485 cards then they no longer support the machines, they are hitting 25 years old now. The 55 series use the RS422 card.

Subject: Re: [Emco-CNC-Users] I have a emco pc 50 turn and a emco pc 50 mill
To: Emco-CNC-Users@groups.io
Date: Sunday, February 17, 2019, 6:32 PM

I expect
om 00:18 schreef <alcost@...>:
just bought pc 50 turn
and pc 50 mill from a college in NC. have the machines and
computers running windows 98. both have winNC and the lathe
has winConfigure. I do not have data disk. Please tell me
what I can do to get these going. Both have program to run a
part and i have dry ran them and both machines run as they
should. I believe they were set up on a network, so there is
no software to generate nc code

Dave Leer

Hello, I am glad that someone from this group got these machines. I saw the auction and tried to alert the group. I don't think that my email got posted
to the group. I had an Emco pc turn 50. I saw the lathe working when I bought it. In transportation the computer mother board failed. I converted the
lathe and gave it to my son. I kept the hard drive from the computer along with the 485 card and the MSD in both 3 1/2 and 5 1/4 floppies. I also have
what looks like MSD for the pc mill 50. I also have some open ring binders for training. I also have a GE Faunac series 0, Emco key board. I have no use
for these and I would like for someone in this group to use them. I am Cincinnati OH.
Have a great day
Jac

On 2/17/2019 6:18 PM, alcost@... wrote:
just bought pc 50 turn and pc 50 mill from a college in NC. have the machines and computers running windows 98. both have winNC and the lathe has winConfigure. I do not have data disk. Please tell me what I can do to get these going. Both have program to run a part and i have dry ran them and both machines run as they should. I believe they were set up on a network, so there is no software to generate nc code

Jan Emco

I have a PC 50 mill and also a lot of documentation.
But question is how do I copy them

Regards,
Jan

emco@...

I had to upgrade with non official win98 service pack 3 so i can have the usb flash card working.  or you can buy this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-to-IDE-SATA-S-ATA-2-5-3-5-Hard-Drive-HD-HDD-Converter-Adapter-Cable/322512733253?hash=item4b1741c445:g:oOcAAOSwAWlaVHFq:sc:USPSFirstClass!60501!US!-1:rk:1:pf:1&frcectupt=true

and access the hard disk from another machine as usb drive.
regards
salim

Bob Mahoney

As a random aside, I found floppy disks inside my machines electrical cabinets. So maybe look in there as well when you need the software.