Topics

Ge fanuc controller

Ricky G.

Hi, guy so my next intention is to run the pc50 mill with a ge fanuc controller. I was able to install the winnc program on a windows xp computer,  but it appears that the program don't see the control. What do I need to do to get signals. The control has 2 connections, one says s485 the other rs232. I try connecting both but still no communication. Do I need special card or cable?

calmissile@...

Ricky,
Yes, you need an Emco RS-485 ISA card for an old PC that still has ISA card slots.  These boards are extremely hard to find.  Some of us are working on alternates for this special board but it will not be a quick answer.  If you can find someone with a board for sale, the best bet would be to purchase it.  My installations are on Win 98SE.  I am  not aware if Winnc will run on XP.

Doug