Topics

Emco WINCAM install help !

cedricgbs@...

Hello Guys !

First of all, I apology with my english. I'm french and I don't realy have to possibility to practice the langage a lot around here...

So !
I have a fresh new happy (until I lost the mill computer hard drive) owner of :
- concept turn 105 which is working perfectly well,
- concept mill 55 where I have big problems regarding the software installation.

The mill computer hard drive decased 2 days ago, and I'm struggling to install WINNC and Wincam as it was before.
I have a usb key with the soft, all files necessary and the licence key.

When I lunch the WINCAM installer, everything is going well until the moment it ask me to "insert disk "Machine Data Disk" into drive A.
I have an external floppy disk drive, and anyway I tried it, it's not working.

Is there somebody who still have the files asked and can gently send them to me please ?

Many thanks in advance !

wild_kow

Hi Cedric,

The Machine Data Disc has all the parameters for your specific machine. If you contact Emco and let them know the serial number, they should  let you have a new file.

If you load the file onto the root directory of your hard drive, you should be able to change the A: to C: in the load from path box.

John

Sent: Sunday 30 September, 17:03
Subject: [Emco-CNC-Users] Emco WINCAM install help !
To: emco-cnc-users@groups.io

Hello Guys !

First of all, I apology with my english. I'm french and I don't realy have to possibility to practice the langage a lot around here...

So !
I have a fresh new happy (until I lost the mill computer hard drive) owner of :
- concept turn 105 which is working perfectly well,
- concept mill 55 where I have big problems regarding the software installation.

The mill computer hard drive decased 2 days ago, and I'm struggling to install WINNC and Wincam as it was before.
I have a usb key with the soft, all files necessary and the licence key.

When I lunch the WINCAM installer, everything is going well until the moment it ask me to "insert disk "Machine Data Disk" into drive A.
I have an external floppy disk drive, and anyway I tried it, it's not working.

Is there somebody who still have the files asked and can gently send them to me please ?

Many thanks in advance !

cedricgbs@...

Hi John !

Thank you for the fast reply !!!

I think that I have those files :
- ACC_MSD
- MILL55_ACC.MSD
- MSD.DSK

By the drive root, you mean that it have not to be inserted in a file but just there when I open the disk explorer, right ?

wild_kow

Hi Cedric,

Yes the main C drive list of folders and files. They should be in the main directory as individual files.

You may be able to change the A to your USB drive letter, you will have to try.

John

Sent: Sunday 30 September, 17:47
Subject: Re: [Emco-CNC-Users] Emco WINCAM install help !
To: emco-cnc-users@groups.io

Hi John !

Thank you for the fast reply !!!

I think that I have those files :
- ACC_MSD
- MILL55_ACC.MSD
- MSD.DSK

By the drive root, you mean that it have not to be inserted in a file but just there when I open the disk explorer, right ?

cedricgbs@...

You are THE MAN !!!!

It's working perfectly well now for the install.
Next step : succed to make the mill moving again !

Croonen

But the machine disk is different for each machine onthis disk stay the parameters for each machine.
so what do you need the pc concept turn 55 but there are te 1 and 2 versions in the machine?
But normal I think I have somewhere the wincam for the pc concept turn 2 at my place

greetings Benny

Op zo 30 sep. 2018 om 19:06 schreef <cedricgbs@...>:

You are THE MAN !!!!

It's working perfectly well now for the install.
Next step : succed to make the mill moving again !

cedricgbs@...

I  need the concept mill 55 one.
I do think that wincam is for mill and turn right ?

If you can find it, it will be nice to move forward

cedricgbs@...

Just an update.

WinCam je now installed...

But other problems came :
The ACC RTL Ready Led is not showing anymore and the connection between the mill and the computer is not ok.

I create a new post to explain.