Topics

Emco PC turn 55, error message on power up

User0n3

Not sure what I need to do. Complete newbie to FANUC controls and emco machine. Any help is appreciated

rcflyer

This is a machine/computer problem, not a Fanuc issue. There is no Fanuc in this machine at all, other than a control interface which emulates it. Check that all the cables are connected and that everything is powering up inside the lathe.

On Sun, May 19, 2019 at 4:57 PM <chico_181@...> wrote:
Not sure what I need to do. Complete newbie to FANUC controls and emco machine. Any help is appreciated

User0n3

Thank you so much for the starting point. I was thinking it could be a communication problem between the components but I was unsure. Everything I had tried lead me to persue the comm issue. I will double check the cables to start with a multimeter for continuity, they are fairly old so this will at least show me they are good. I will then proceed to check PC com settings to ensure they are correctly assigned. This should eliminate PC and cable issues and leave the lathe as the last troubleshooting option. Does this process sound about right this far? Thanks for any and all advice.

User0n3

I was finally able to checked all cables for continuity and they are fine the pinouts are not corresponding but that may just be by design. What would I be on the lookout inside the power panel of the lathe that would indicate possible failure? Could it just be a PC issue? It is on the (old as $hi7) side,  Can I use newer hardware to run this emco? The PC it came with has win 95 on it... I took it apart and cleaned all the dust and cobwebs out of it but no function of the lathe yet.

Need more help guys

User0n3

So I checked everything several times over and I get no love from this emco machine. Anyone have any ideas