Topics

Emco PC 55 mill working pc with ISA card and the internal control receiver board.

Aaron Brown

Hello,

I have upgraded my mill and was wondering if anyone wanted to buy a fully working control setup?
I am selling the original IBM 750 pc with ISA card and all configured with the emco win nc software.
I can show a video of it running.
PC has an 8 gig HDD, FDD, CD drive, and USB ports

I also gutted the machine control board from inside the mill to go with the pc as i was told that the MSD file is linked to that board.

So if you have a mill but lacking the ability to drive it all you have to do is a swap of the control board inside the mill and plug in the PC and the mill should run.

I will also provide a cd copy of windows and a cd copy of the winnc software i also have the original floppys.

Please make me an offer. 

Simon Markham

Hi Arron
Is this rig still available? and where are you based?
Yours Simon M.

Aaron Brown

Hi Simon,

Yes this is still for sale.
I am located in south east Michigan 48331

Simon Markham

That's a shame for me, as I live in the UK, 
Is there a price for the cards only, I still have a PC with ISA slots in it and copies of Windows 95 lying around?

Yours Simon M.

From: Emco-CNC-Users@groups.io <Emco-CNC-Users@groups.io> on behalf of aaron.brown1134@... <aaron.brown1134@...>
Sent: 07 August 2018 20:00
To: Emco-CNC-Users@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Emco-CNC-Users] Emco PC 55 mill working pc with ISA card and the internal control receiver board.

Hi Simon,

Yes this is still for sale.
I am located in south east Michigan 48331

Aaron Brown

Well if i cant sell it as a group I would be willing to just sell the card.
Care to make an offer so if i dont sell i will contact you?

Nick Stewart

Hi Aaron, I know it's been a year since you posted this, but is it still available?

Thanks,

Nick

Aaron Brown

Yup still have it. You interested in all of it or just some of it? 

Aaron Brown

Sorry if there is any confusion I'm not selling the mill itself but the control PC and controller cards that were inside the mill.
But the mill itself has been retrofitted with a new controller.
I am open to offers. Just know that shipping this old heavy PC will add to the cost.

User0n3

Edited

Sorry for the late chime on the topic. If previous person is unable to purchase this equipment I may make an offer. I can PM a zip code if it becomes available. 

Tom Lyons

good morning,
I have bought a PC 50 mill and it came with no computer interface card.  Didn't know any better at the time.  I was suppose to be a complete unit with software.  Oops!
Can any one help me find a RS485 ISA 8 bit interface card.
I am resisting the retro fit for now, but may have to. Might be the only way to get this boat anchor off the ocean floor.
Have been researching the Buildbotic and Gecko g540 controllers.
Any input?

Thanks,
Tom Lyons

arjan.dijk

You need a AC88 card, this topic is about a AC95 (for Mill&turn 55)

Op ma 11 jan. 2021 om 17:42 schreef <telyonsjr@...>:

good morning,
I have bought a PC 50 mill and it came with no computer interface card.  Didn't know any better at the time.  I was suppose to be a complete unit with software.  Oops!
I am resisting the retro fit for now, but may have to. Might be the only way to get this boat anchor off the ocean floor.
Any input?

Thanks,
Tom Lyons

Baschwar@

I have one from a PC Turn 50 that I'm posting on eBay.
Email me to save both of us some fees... :)  

--
Brad Schwartz
baschwar@...

-------Original Message-------
To: Emco-CNC-Users@groups.io <Emco-CNC-Users@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [Emco-CNC-Users] Emco PC 55 mill working pc with ISA card and the internal control receiver board.
Sent: 11 Jan '21 9:09am

good morning,
Any input?

Thanks,
Tom Lyons