Topics

emco f1

vasile evis brinzei

Hello everyone!
first i would like to apologize for my english (google translator + some corrections). then, for more than a year i have been in possession of an emco f1cnc milling machine and a compact 5 cnc lathe. I learned a lot, I like to program the old way but 2 months ago I got the idea of ​​a retrofit mach3 or 4 or acorn etc. problem and that I have almost no notion of electronics, so how to do? However, I think I'm not the only one in this situation, which is why I kindly ask those who have already retrofitted, to draw up a kind of guide also for us beginners, perhaps with easily available materials. I ask this because, in these I did a lot of online research for months but found nothing to explain that someone of my level could understand.
another thing, always after a lot of research, I noticed that it is impossible to find a post processor for these machines so I think that a column dedicated to post processors would be of great interest. I do not know if I am able to start a new column on the subject, however I will try, first posting the postprocessor I have for the emco f1 milling machine in gibbscam
thank you so much

vasile evis brinzei

postprocessor posted in the file section

Richard Engbersen

Hi Vasile Evis Brinzei,
Same situation as me. I have an EMCO F1 CNC and an EMCO Compact 5 CNC, which I would like to keep the old way of programming, but I would like to retrofit also. My electronics knowledge  is also minimal, as I have a mechanical engineering background, so I hope some of our experiences colleagues can draw up a guideline for us.
Thanks, Richard

Op vr 8 jan. 2021 om 08:45 schreef vasile evis brinzei <eviss70@...>

[...]

hi Richard, welcome,  hope someone helps, us and all the others who may not have good knowledge of electronics

gonzalezpineiro@...

Hi Vasile I also have an Emco F1, and a while ago I wrote to this group asking if someone used a post processor, but no one answered me. This post processor that you comment for GibbsCAM is the first news that there is one for the Emco F1.

The second issue is that I am starting with the update of the electronics of the Emco F1, I am not an expert either. I'm doing it with Benezan Electronics Triple Beast controller and Beamicon2 software.
You can see it in this Spanish forum:

http://forometalaficion.com/foro/showthread.php?tid=249

At the moment I am setting up all the circuits outside the machine to learn how it works. I am also doing the limit switches.

Hugo

vasile evis brinzei

hi Hugo, and thanks for the info on the electronics! I'm going to see!  that's why I put the postprocessor, to make someone else happy who maybe doesn't want to retrofit

gonzalezpineiro@...

Edited

Have you programmed the postprocessor?
I did not know the GibbsCAM software, I see that it is very professional, one that is not easy to access for an amateur ...

Hugo

vasile evis brinzei

unfortunately I am not able to write post processors, so I paid for it and not a little, but I am happy to share with others. gibbscam I have recently started learning,  can find videos online. powerful, easy to understand and incredibly logical (my opinion only). if you want to learn just ask and if I can answer I will do it

vasile evis brinzei

hi Hugo, how is the retrofit going? i've only read good things about triple beast. did you also change the spindle motor?

gonzalezpineiro@...

Hi Vasile Now I am making the supports for the limit switches, because as you know the Emco F1 milling machine did not have. I will be using the original motor with a new variable speed drive that I have not tested yet.
These are the X axis switches.

These are the Z axis switches.

Hugo

vasile evis brinzei

thanks Hugo, nice job! I follow you with interest!