Topics

EMCO6p home switches

arjan.dijk

Im got a very early converted Mach3 EMCO6p and I'm looking if it has any home/limit switches? Where should I look? It does not home, or give a signal passing a certain point, so it must bebe connected or set when it is there.

So where to find the home switches? If they are not there, am I really supposed to home on a piece?

Can I find some technical drawings about this machine?

rcflyer

Compact 6 has no home switches. You jog to align the arrows on the turret motor cover to the marks on the back of the enclosure, then home. The axes move to find the target on the ballscrew pulley and this is home.

What was done on a retrofit is anyone's guess.

Manuals and schematics should be available on the web, but I never found a part list specifically for C6 and referred to the 120 parts list. Other than lacking central way lubrication and homing prox, they are the same.

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 3:55 PM arjan.dijk <arjan.dijk@...> wrote:
Im got a very early converted Mach3 EMCO6p and I'm looking if it has any home/limit switches? Where should I look? It does not home, or give a signal passing a certain point, so it must bebe connected or set when it is there.

So where to find the home switches? If they are not there, am I really supposed to home on a piece?

Can I find some technical drawings about this machine?

marty_in_mesa

As was previously mentioned, look for the sensors on the ballscrew pulleys. You line up marks (Arrows) and then set home. The control should turn the screws until the sensors trip.
My Emcoturn 140, 220 and 120's work this way and there is nothing wrong with it.
Marty