Topics

Compact 5 PC upgrade

Sharp.Shooter

Hi
my 5PC is heavily modded already, and running under LinuxCNC. I have purchased original 6 position turret and it should be here any day now. Also, I purchased new closed loop nema 23 steppers and drivers, to replace the ones I installed a few years ago.
Few questions - after I replace the steppers and drivers (I am using cheap PRC 5 axis bob) do I have to make some alterations to hal and ini files, if I connect the new hardware to the same spots as the old ones?
And for turret, do I have to add something in order to get it working with LinuxCNC?
I will attach my configuration files in next few days, along with some pics of the machine :)
Thanks
Stefan