Topics

compact 5 cnc tool change HELP

@harvard5

I have a compact 5 cnc for awhile (about 10 yrs and never used it ) and have never found out how to do a tool change with the tool  turret. I'm about ready to sell it because it's no good to me if I cant change tools.
I understand how to set the RH turning tool but how do you reference the other tools from that one.
If I have a 1" dia part 1" out from the chuck and I scratch off on x and z set the  dro to zero for both x and z then bring my tool to positioned x 1000 z -1000 as a starting point (tool change position) .
 what do i do to set the next tool.
do I now reset the dro to zero in the new position or leave it set to x 1000 z-1000?
I rotate the turret to the next tool.
then scratch the part with that tool and write down the the number on the dro after the move?
do I use G90 G 92 or G 91 to set things up?
                                                                                     thanks for the help Im very lost and confused
                                                                                                                                          Bill

Dieter

Hello,

First download all files related to the Compact 5 CNC in the "Files Section" and read them carefully, everything is well explained.
There is a chapter "Positioning of toolholder" about tool offsets in the operating manual.

The instruction M06 T ool.Number X-Value Z-Value make the offsets of the tool you measured before.

Dieter

@harvard5

I have the manuals but still dont understand how to set the tools

@harvard5

none of the manuals I have explaine the tool turret

Richard Engbersen

I second that following those M06 instructions makes my C5 CNC tool changer works flawlessly.

Cheers,
Richard

Op ma 27 apr. 2020 om 17:13 schreef Dieter <d.kirchesch@...>

gabbeon@...

I recommend ukmwg-s Youtube channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/ukmwg/videos

kennedymd@...

On Apr 27, 2020, at 12:45 AM, wmorfitt60@... wrote:

[...]

No , M06 is the instruction for the toolturret, enter the offset values you have found with the appropriate direction (+ or -) ,
the toolnumber (number of indexes from the actual tool working) and that's it,
There is no difference having a manual toolholder or an automatic turret, the values to use for the M06 instructions are the same,
except for the automatic indexing.
The descriptions in the manuals are really good. By experimenting without a workpiece its trivial to find out the mode of operation.
Enter dummy values and run the M06 instructions and watch the movements of the tool to understand how it works,
I did the same when starting with the machine, there are no mysteries.

Dieter